190,000 Miles on car
110,000 on Block
50,000 on E7 Heads
15,000 on Intake, Carb, Distributor, and Exhaust
New low profile tires

Stock 3.27 Gears
600CFM Edelbrock Carb
~Edelbrock Performer Intake
~Stock Electric Fuel Pump (Carb gets around 6 psi fuel pressure and the rest goes through the return line.)
~Full length Mac Headers
~True dual exhaust with off road h pipe and 2 chamber flows
~302 HO Flat tappet block

Car runs at 190* but if I sit still for while in hot weather it will climb(I think it’s a fan problem)

Anyways that about it. The spark pugs are about a year to two old and the wires are about 4 years old(Ford Racing 9mm)

Anyway, why am I getting **** for City and what could I change to help?
I read about guys that make tons(I don’t) of power and get way better gas mileage then me. Is mine really that bad or right on? Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Staying off the gas as much as possible in the city reveals the best fuel economy. The highest MPG are achieved as you brake to a stop. Going down hill or light load situations also help.

4 barrel carb probably doesnt help :rolleyes:

But seriously, so many factors effect fas mileage... just cover your basics such as clean air filter, proper tire pressure, nice driving habits, etc.

My car gets 18 mpg city usually.. I just pulled down 26.6 mpg last week with about 85% highways driving... pretty good considering its supercharged with 3:73 gears.

Keep your engine from working... IE.. keep it at the lowest possible RMP without straining it, try to keep stopping at a minimum (if your running but not moving u are getting 0 mph), lots of other stuff too...

if all else fails stick a brick under ur gas pedal.

OH an about the power to mileage thing... it doesnt matter how much power ur making.. it matters on how efficient ur engine runs.. if you got a really really well matched combo gas MPG can be really good.

I would think the carb is your biggest problem and the aod doesn't help either. IMO. I get ****ty mileage in the city too, stop and go is just not efficient. The people who get good city MPG probably don't have to stop at too many lights or stop signs.

JBeezy53 said:
I would think the carb is your biggest problem and the aod doesn't help either. IMO.

^^^What he said. I think the carb is the biggest problem.
They can make great power or great economy, but doing both at once is pretty tough for a carb.

I can't say if those numbers are typical for your car though :shrug:

jason