lets talk WIDE wheels

88GT17MA

Nov 1, 2004
How do the guys in auto cross mount those massive tires on their fox body stangs....they are so wide but they arent tucked into the wheel well they are just hanging out of the sides. Do they just use spacers and what not? Or is there something else I'm missing? You guys may think im crazy for crossing brands but whatever, I have a set of 17" viper wheels that are black with a polished lip that I think would just look completly bad a$$ on my stang.......the rear tire is 335 35 17. Could I put it on without tubing the bed? Maybe this would just look completly stupid lol, w.e, sorry if it is I just just woke up and got a crazy spir of the moment stang idea. Im sure you all know what I mean lol.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL I wouldn't even try it unless you are minitubbing or backhafling the car.

I run a 10" rim with 275s and it does rub on the quad shock, I'll fix that later with coilovers and probably switch to 295s, I think that's the biggest I am going.

Ya i wouldnt mind minitubing it since the car is completly apart anyways but I was talking to some local stang guys and they had me convinced it was pretty much impossible...figured you guys may have a creative way to make it work. Black drop do you have pics of your car?

You definitely would have to do a Mini tub. Here is a guy on the Corral who did it to his car.

FOX mini tub with 335/30/18

AYGJV-JIMSCARDRAG150.jpg

RTRWZ-JIMSCARDRAG148.jpg

IMLUS-JIMSCARDRAG153.jpg

NBIKC-JIMSCARDRAG154.jpg

OKLFB-JIMSCARDRAG170.jpg

PNNPU-JIMSCARDRAG164.jpg

TLVRT-JIMSCARDRAG165.jpg

Here is my car photoshoped with 315's out back.
wide1.jpg

wide2.jpg

wide3.jpg

BlackDrop50 said:

I run a 10" rim with 275s and it does rub on the quad shock, I'll fix that later with coilovers and probably switch to 295s, I think that's the biggest I am going.

Do you have any pictures of your car with those 10 inch wide wheels on it?

BlackDrop50 said:

will you keep ur quad shock? and whats coilovers? sry im french =)

CCW 17" 3 piece modular street wheels, anodized black in the middle with polished lip. Those are real ARP bolts all around the rim. They are custom made for a fox body with 4 lug. I haven't seen anybody else with the rims, even on the internet, well I've seen em on new cobras, but never on a 5.0 in 4 lug.

The rims are SUPER light.

I am actually going to the tint shop right now to get my hatch tinted with 5% limo tint all around, should look sick! Right now it has faded purple tint in the back and no tint on the front windows. I'll put up a ****load of pics later!

88GT17MA said:
You guys may think im crazy for crossing brands but whatever, I have a set of 17" viper wheels that are black with a polished lip that I think would just look completly bad a$$ on my stang.......the rear tire is 335 35 17. Could I put it on without tubing the bed?
Are they real viper rims off of a viper or are they aftermarket. If they are the real ones they have a 6 lug pattern and i don't think they would fit on a mustang. I was am looking into getting some 10.5 rims on my fox with some 315's without tubbing hopefully.