Roush Liz not with Saleen anymore?

• Sponsors (?)

Liz Summar aka Saleen is indeed Steve's wife & has been the primary contact person within the Saleen organization for owners to receive information on their Saleen vehicles for years, including Team Saleen.

Therefore I consider this story to probably be another of those numerous Internet rumors that are created out of whole cloth & have no basis in fact.

However, I suppose it's possible that she has decided to step away from her responsibilities as the matriarch of Saleen Performance & allow someone else to fulfill those duties. After all, Saleen the Corporation has progressively become less & less "Saleen" & more "Corporation" with Steve being primarily a figurehead than being someone who is actively involved in the daily operations of the company that bears his name.

Of course I may be wrong about this, but that is my impression.

Liz is still with Saleen as far as 5/5 when I recieved a letter back from here regarding info on a car!! Shes still with Team Saleen! The goes to show, you can't believe everything you hear!!

I have to disagree in some regards as I emailed and just got off the phone with Patti Reard from Saleen - Liz's replcaement. Patti has advised me that Liz has indeed retired.

Just thought I would give the update that I was just dealt.

world.of.wheels said:
I have to disagree in some regards as I emailed and just got off the phone with Patti Reard from Saleen - Liz's replcaement. Patti has advised me that Liz has indeed retired.

Just thought I would give the update that I was just dealt.

Tks for the info. Wicked, but good for her. Wonder if this will increase or decrease her appearances with Steve

saleenster said:
Tks for the info. Wicked, but good for her. Wonder if this will increase or decrease her appearances with Steve

From what I have been told, we'll likely see Liz more often.

For example, she was recently in attendance with Steve in Belgium, at Spa Francorchamps, to see Team Saleen/Oreca win at their debut GT1 Le Mans Series race.