LMAO I was just told to save my $4K for a 5.0 crate motor and ditch the 2.3....LMAO

T3AL

Oct 17, 2004
i said all i needed was about 4 grand to build my motor and some person with a 03 cobra with a ken bell twin screw SC said to save the money for a 5slow and ditch the 2.3.

Iam dying of laughter :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Iam gonna build the lower end to handel the boost from a paxton novi 2K i figured I would try something different....if it blows up oh well start on a new motor.

because superchargers blow ;)
Turbochargers are inheirently more efficient at making power. 9psi from a properly sized turbo will ALWAYS out perform a similar boost level from a supercharger. Turbos derive energy from the exhaust gasses which would otherwise the energy would be lost. While it is at the cost of a little extra backpressure, it is nearly free power. Superchargers derive their energy from the crank. It costs 1hp to make 3hp on a supercharged engine which is a substaital amount. Also, superchargers can't compress the charge as effectivly as a turbocharger can, which results in less power and more heat in your air charge. A good supercharger will be in the 60% range, and a turbo will be in the mid 70% or above in compressor efficiency.
To purposely put a supercharger on an engine origionally equipted with a turbocharger is completly retarded. You will lose power compared to a turbo engine. The engineering and design work was already done by Ford and the parts are redily available. So yes, you 'could' supercharge your 2.3, but it will be much more work and result in substantially less power.

T3EL, ive seen a few cars with blowers, usualy roots types...NOT worth the hassel, period.

Like bhuff said, its a step in the wrong direction! If anything buy a better turbo...or if you havemoney to throw around a nice standalone with a good tune will be more effective at making power.