LONG story and legal question

*UPDATE*

Went to court this morning...

Sure enough my lawyer gets the police report, reads it and comes over to me. They had reversed our names. They claimed I was pounding on the window and door of the club, and then the police had to come take charge, where I struck an officer and had to be thrown to the hood of a car and forcibly taken down. Sure enough that was what my friend did, yet they messed the names up and said it was me. His lawyer and my lawyer made sure they knew to switch the names.

I in the end got community service for two days, one next month, one the month after. After that I'm free and clear with nothing on the record. Sucks it happened but whatever, I'll do the days and be done with this whole ordeal, as well as be done with my "friend".

• Sponsors (?)

Which would not in any way make it ok for what they did. Honestly I would try and sue, there is no reason for a cop to be a dick like that. Sounds like at least 30 people or so even saw it happen so I would say your all set. The cop should end up missing a good chunk of change and be doing desk duty for a LONG time. I hate cops.

HHmmmm.......didn't read the update first........good to hear all went well.

And for all you cop haters - who do you call when %#% hits the fan? Have you ever been in that position before? :nono:

I have never had to call police for anything other than traffic stuff I witnessed, but I respect what they do. I saw the whole thing from their side and don't really disagree with how they handled it.

I just hope someone who respects cops for what they do gets a quick response when they truly are in need.

*UPDATE*

Went to court this morning...

Sure enough my lawyer gets the police report, reads it and comes over to me. They had reversed our names. They claimed I was pounding on the window and door of the club, and then the police had to come take charge, where I struck an officer and had to be thrown to the hood of a car and forcibly taken down. Sure enough that was what my friend did, yet they messed the names up and said it was me. His lawyer and my lawyer made sure they knew to switch the names.

I in the end got community service for two days, one next month, one the month after. After that I'm free and clear with nothing on the record. Sucks it happened but whatever, I'll do the days and be done with this whole ordeal, as well as be done with my "friend".

25th, dude this is great news. I'm glad this worked out for you. It would have been nice to get nothing at all, but hey this is really nothing. Do the service time and it's all a crazy bar story for the future. I agree on the friend, from what I read before I don't think he is some one you really want around you, seems like someone who doesn't have his act together and will just bring more trouble your way. Best of luck to you.

Dude, what club was this at? I am hoping it wasnt mine.

Im just surprised you actually saw the Hartford cops actually DOING anything, usually they just pepper spray then walk away and let the crowd disperse. Believe me, ive seen it hundreds of times down there.

This happened outside of NV, we had been at Pigs Eye and Pour House, but were down that way at a friends Hot Dog Shop (next door to NV). And I do blame my friend 100% for what he did. He would be the Dbag slamming windows and doors. I only wish he got more punishment than he seems to be getting.

Alright I got the police report from my lawyer... Enjoy the read :D.

Also I am Pulaski, he is Farrell but remember the names were switched.

"On Friday March 21st 2008 I was working a private job detail dressed in ful police uniform at 177 Allyn Street (Club NV). My details were to assist the clubs security with unruly individuals inside the establishment as well as while patrons are in line waiting to enter.

At around 0100 hours I was inside Club NV assisting emplyees while they closed the club for the night. The front door of the club was locked, while a bouncer (Bienkowski) positioned near the door to prevent people from reentering. Bienkowski approached me stating that there was a make attempting to get inside the front door and was refusing to leave. I approached the male informing him that the club was closed and he was not going to be able to enter. This male (later identified as above listed accused Brian Pulaski) stated to me that he needed to use the restroom and would only be a minute, I again informed him he was not going to be able to enter and that he needed to leave as I shut the door. Pulaski returned several seconds later, and repeatedly banging on the front door's window with both hand. I again instructed him to stop hitting the glass and leave, he complied. Shortly after, Pulaski returned this time kicking and banging on the glass of the front door as well as several windows located in front of the establishment.

Fearing that Pulaski was going to break the glass, I exited the front door again approaching him. I informed him that he was not going to be able to enter and that if he returned again or continued to bang on the glass he would be placed under arrest. Pulaski stated that he understood and began to walk away. While speaking with Pulaski I noticed that he had a strong odor of an alcoholic type beverage emanating from his breath and he that he was slurring his words when he spoke, leading me to believe that he was intoxicated.

Again sveral seconds later Pulaski returned, this time pulling on the door's handle attempting to force open the door. Pulaski was able to pull the door open, as the two bouncers above listed Bienkowski and Gargia pulled on the door from the inside attempting to prevent Pulaski from entering. Pulaski then struck Beinkowski with a closed right fist in the forehead area. Garcia was able to grab a hold of Pulaski's right arm preventing him from striking Bienkowski a second time. Pulaski then attempted to strike Garcia several times with his left fist, but Garcia was able to avoid the strikes. At this time I grabbed Pulaski by his shirt, throwing him to the ground while giving him loud clear verbal commands to stop. Pulaski continued to resist by thrashing about on the ground and kicking his legs.

While I was attempting to secure Pulaski, I observed accused Farrell running towards me shouting "get off of him". Farrell then grabbed my right arm as well as the back of my shirt attempting to stop me from securing Pulaski. I was able to quickly turn around taking Farrell into custody, placing him into double locked handcuffs. Pulaski who tried to get up and run, was quickly stopped and secured by Officers Kasmanian and Valire. Pulaski was charged with Disorderly Conduct and Interfering with Police. William Farrell was charged with Interfering with Police. Pulaski had some small abrasions to his forehead area, as well as scratches to his hands sustained from when he fell to the ground. He refused medical attention at the scene. Bienkowski stated that he was not hurt during the incident and also refused any medical attention at the scene. Farrell later stated he was sorry, and should have not gotten involved."

So thats the report. It sounds pretty close, even though I didn't see what my friend did, that does sound just like him. I will say as far as what I did, I never saw a uniformed officer until I was being arrested, so if I laid a hand on anyone it was an undercover. I didn't make a point of anything as my lawyer suggested just taking the community service, and living with that.

This happened outside of NV, we had been at Pigs Eye and Pour House, but were down that way at a friends Hot Dog Shop (next door to NV). And I do blame my friend 100% for what he did. He would be the Dbag slamming windows and doors. I only wish he got more punishment than he seems to be getting.

Im just glad that didnt happen at Deli Dave's, i would have been pissed, haha

But you are right, your friend got what was coming to him, ive been in the same position as those bouncers almost every weekend.

Then again, why on earth would you want to go to NV in the first place? haha

Good question, I have never been to NV, and I have NO idea why he went there and wouldn't leave. You know Dave? I think thats the guy my friends know, his shop is between NV and On The Rocks on NVs side of the road. We go there every Hartford night as my friends know him from their Mini Trucking stuff...

oh yeah, i know dave pretty well, even made chicken salad FOR him one night while he was having a smoke. I was there every night after we cleaned up the bar.

Guess you know his brother Sergio too.

Good to hear you got off light though. Next time, just let your friend take the whoopin!

I dont really know them but my mini trucking friends all do. One night my friend went in the shop and was making us hot dogs. Pretty much a must stop after the bar.

Next time I plan to do nothing. Even if it looks like a fight like this time, let them get beat if they need to.