Long Tubes

caduck

Sep 17, 2006
Springfield, Or
I am looking to get a set of Long Tube Headers and trying to figure out what brand to look at. I like the bbk's but cant find out if they sale a set that will fit a Automatic I know Mac sales ones for an automatic but their Prochamber that connects to the Long tubes is a bit pricey. I have an 90 lx with an Automatic CAI and a Mac Catback. Any help would be great thanks.

Future Mods will be a high Comp 347.

• Sponsors (?)

I would get a set of BBk long tubes. Most people dont like mac because of the individual flanges, if you ever have to take the headers off chances are you wont be able to get them back on because of warping. Id get a set of BBk longtubes ceramic coated, they have to have a set of automatic, call and ask. And anyone sells a mid pipe for those headers.

caduck said:
I am looking to get a set of Long Tube Headers and trying to figure out what brand to look at. I like the bbk's but cant find out if they sale a set that will fit a Automatic I know Mac sales ones for an automatic but their Prochamber that connects to the Long tubes is a bit pricey. I have an 90 lx with an Automatic CAI and a Mac Catback. Any help would be great thanks.

Future Mods will be a high Comp 347.

I sent you a PM.

As for what to look for, MACs are ok for a budget but personally i'd look for a set with a solid header flange.

CAMAROEATER01 said:
i asked this question a week or too ago and ended up right back where i started....i probably will end up having to go with the MACs cause im 99% sure BBK doesnt make them to fit the AOD

MACs aren't all bad...a buddy of mine has a set that are Jet Hot coated and they look amazing. The only thing i don't like about them is the individual flanges....when you take the headers off they have a tendency to warp and then be a PITA to reinstall. Other than that and the rusting thing, but even ceramic coated headers will rust eventually.