Looking at a 2007 window sticker, what option is GT Upfitters Package?????????

911man

Oct 9, 2004
It is listed below for $2140, seems to come with spoiler delete, floor mat delete, 18" black wheels, 3.55 gears, and side air bags. WTF, those better be some nice Black wheels for that price. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your dealer for further information.

Vehicle Description VIN 1ZVHT82H975 286307
MUSTANG 2007 GT COUPE PREM
4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE
5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Exterior
BLACK CLEARCOAT
Interior
DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER TRIM SPT BUCKET SEATS

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. 17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
. P235/55ZR 17 Z-TIRES
. REAR DECKLID SPOILER
. FRONT FOG LAMPS
. STAINLESS STEEL DUAL EXH
. DUAL POWER MIRRORS
. VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
INTERIOR
. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3
. AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT JACK
. AIR CONDITIONING
. LEATHER TRIM SPORT SEATS
. POWER 6-WAY DRIVERS SEAT
. SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
. CENTER CONSOLE W/ARMREST
. SPEED CONTROL/TILT WHEEL
. POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
. DUAL VANITY MIRRORS
FUNCTIONAL
. BRAKES, POWER 4-WHEEL DISC
. POWER RACK PINION STEERING
. POWER POINTS (2)
SAFETY/SECURITY
. ABS/TRACTION CONTROL
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. FRONT/REAR OUTBOARD THREE POINT SHOULDER/LAP BELTS
. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
. SECURILOCK
. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER
. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN

Price Information MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $26,805

Key Standard Equipment
ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU
DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS
ANTI-LOCK BRAKES
TRACTION CONTROL
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment
2007 MODEL YEAR
BLACK CLEARCOAT
DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER
.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE
.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
JOB #2 ORDER
INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE 460
SATIN ALUMINUM PANEL
WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140
.235/50/ZR18 TIRE
.FRONT FLOORMAT DELETE
.REAR SPOILER DELETE
.FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS
.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE
.18" BLK PNTD ALUMINUM WHEEL
DVD BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM 1,995
PONY CENTER CAP

TOTAL MSRP $32,195.00

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost: $1,650
CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG
25 Vehicle Engine Information

• Sponsors (?)

Well, that sounds like a dealership installed option. The wing-delete is somtehing you can request AT NO CHARGE. The 3.55 gear option is $100. The front floormat delete option is very weird -- not sure why someone would want thAT, OR WHY IT WOULD COST ANY MONEY.

It seems like the only options for that "Upfitters Package" are the wheels and the DVD navigation. I say pass on that car and find the one you want or order the one you want, get the wheels you want, and the stereo system you want with the left over money not spent on that bologna package.

I agree, the Navigation is actually an extra $1995 on top of the Upfitters Package. Not looking at getting the car at this point, just curious if anyone has seen this before.

Thanks

It's most likely a Shelby GT. This option (54U) is the Ford factory option for the Shelby GT. The car is then shipped to Shelby where the goodies are installed (suspension, handling pack, intake, exhaust, etc). The Shelby installed options are another 7k-8k above the sticker price that you see, from what I've read on other forums. There are also rumors of additional shipping charges and gas guzzler taxes on top of that. The factory floor mats are deleted since the Shelby GT includes special floor mats IIRC :)

I posted this exact question 2 weeks ago and never got a firm answer when I saw it listed on a Shelby GT window sticker. The best thing I can figure out is that this option package is specific to either the Shelby GT alone or any Mustang that is shipped directly from the factory to an aftermarket converter like Shelby or Rousch. Saleen won't have it since they go a step further and issue their own VIN and window sticker. The option is not listed anywhere on Ford's website and the only place I've seen it so far is on a Shelby GT. Also, think about the term "upfitter". It is the term used for a company that does work on the vehicle after it's left the factory, but before it hits the dealer's lot. You see it in the commercial truck side when a chassis cab is sent out to get the back half finished off. The company that does the final conversion is called an upfitter.

I am afraid you are correct. I should have bought that 1966 Shelby, a one-owner with 65,000 miles, for $13,000 about 15 years ago. It was red and sweet. By the way, why isn't ford making the new Shelby in red?

Here is a link which shows what the upfitter package includes/deletes 54U is the correct option code.
http://www.clickpress.com/releases/Detailed/24852005cp.shtml

54U Package -
Ford Content at Mustang Plant
•GT/CS Based (fascias, side scoops)
•18”wheels-White Exterior
gets (64W) Polished
Aluminum & Black Exterior gets , NEW Black
Aluminum wheels
•Side airbags
•Tire inflator kit (ilospare)
•Bright aluminum pedals

Can you buy the Shelby GT for only $2,000 more than a regular GT? Are they already available and no dealer is over pricing them?
Sounds curious to me.

The cost is actually about $9000. The're are 2 mandatory options on the Shelby GT, 1 is the Upfitters option which is $2k and the other is the Shelby GT option which is $7k. You could replicate this car for less, so it comes down to whether or not the "correct" VIN is worth the extra $$$ to you. There was an EBay auction last week that showed an actual window sticker, but there's nothing there now for me to link to.

Sounds like a lot of profit built in there to me. And will they charge more than that sticker. Sounds like the GT 500 is getting cheaper all the time.
About $2,000 to $3,000 more than a regular GT for what you are getting sounds about right, not another $7,000.

We all know now that you must add $1,000 for a gas guzzler tax. And Dealers are asking thousands over sticker. There seems to be little interest on e-bay.
With gas prices the way they are now and the way they seem to be going, maybe Ford needs to throw in a few thousand gallons of gasoline.
Could be an interesting year with gas prices going up and GTs and Shelbys perhaps setting for a long time unsold. Some great deals coming up????