Looking at my cam card, couple of questions

Mouse's page does not detail the drop valve method -- there are 3 methods, all different. Clay, Mouse, and drop valve. Using Mouse's method you needn't worry about plunger compression provided you know how to use a feeler gauge correctly - I know you do. The main thing with Mouse's method is to check 10-15 degrees on either side of tdc just to be sure you find the minimum clearance point. I'd expect that the intake will show minimum clearance somewhere between tdc and 10 degrees after tdc. And the exhaust min. will probably occur very close to tdc. Check one cylinder and see how your clearances look. With mins of .080" int and .100" exhaust, if you find you're at .12" intake and .200" exhaust, I don't think I'd feel the need to check any others. On the other hand if you're right at the min. I'd check some others to see what shows up. Make sense?

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, you guys kick ass. You seem to know an answer to anything I ask. I never thought of doing the clay method without the gasket and then compensating for it. That's a good idea. I think I will do Mouse's method, but the clay method is sounding good too. So the minimum clearance is .080" intake and .100" exhaust right? Mouse says that is safe for rpms up to 6k. I hear people saying this cam makes power up to 6k, and that 6 is a good shift point. So is what I previously mentioned good clearances for it?