Looking for 4.6L Mustang vs C6 Z06 Video

that damned C6 Z06 amazes me more everyday, i just got the new car and driver and it pretty much toasted the new 911 turbo and ferrari f430 in almost every test. well it was dead even with the porsche i guess up until they hit 120 and after that it was all Z06.
Gota love the combination of huge displacement and light weight.

• Sponsors (?)

Whomever said that a stock C6 ZO6 would beat a Ford GT.... i say: not unless the Ford GT driver is terrible...

Ford GT best times stock: 11.3's@133

C6 ZO6 best times stock: 11.7's@~126-127

At those speeds thats about 4-6 car lengths in the 1/4

there was a vid somewhere that was linked to some chicago SVT cobra site. had a KB cobra that smoked 2 Z06s... the Z06 guys came onto the SVT board to figure out who the hell it was that took em. cant remember the mods to the cobra off hand though... but nobody on the board was suprised the cobra put them down. i vaguely remember he was in the 600 range... the Z06s are not unbeatable. just need to 1 gget the power up, and 2 get the weight down. GTs have the edge suspension wise... but they have too much body fat even with same power levels. its a bit of work, yes, but people have proven its doable.

Torinalth

Torinalth said:
there was a vid somewhere that was linked to some chicago SVT cobra site. had a KB cobra that smoked 2 Z06s... the Z06 guys came onto the SVT board to figure out who the hell it was that took em. cant remember the mods to the cobra off hand though... but nobody on the board was suprised the cobra put them down. i vaguely remember he was in the 600 range... the Z06s are not unbeatable. just need to 1 gget the power up, and 2 get the weight down. GTs have the edge suspension wise... but they have too much body fat even with same power levels. its a bit of work, yes, but people have proven its doable.

Torinalth

the new Z06 is beatable but for the price and power it has its what makes it a bad a** car. It's also a few mods away form being even faster. but it would require our cars to be modded and tuned real good

03ghoststang said:
the new Z06 is beatable but for the price and power it has its what makes it a bad a** car. It's also a few mods away form being even faster. but it would require our cars to be modded and tuned real good
true, but i still see the 03,04 cobra as a slightly bigger bang for your buck. Buy an 04 for lets say 26k, upgrade to a kb or turbo for 5 to 10k, upgrade rearend and beef up t56 for another couple grand and bam you'll have a killer on the streets and a champion for the track and still be well under the 65 thousand you would have spent on that chebby. Oh and you can take 3 of your friends for a ride in the stang to boot:nice:
I know this is comparing apples to oranges and yodda yodda yodda but i still make a valid point.

PonyboyIsaac said:
true, but i still see the 03,04 cobra as a slightly bigger bang for your buck. Buy an 04 for lets say 26k, upgrade to a kb or turbo for 5 to 10k, upgrade rearend and beef up t56 for another couple grand and bam you'll have a killer on the streets and a champion for the track and still be well under the 65 thousand you would have spent on that chebby. Oh and you can take 3 of your friends for a ride in the stang to boot:nice:
I know this is comparing apples to oranges and yodda yodda yodda but i still make a valid point.

you can go either way but the vette for it being stock is taking out cars that are over 100K......and personally next year i will be getting a 03-04' Cobra and see if i can take one out at the track after a few mods :nice:

BLUE03GT said:
Whomever said that a stock C6 ZO6 would beat a Ford GT.... i say: not unless the Ford GT driver is terrible...

Ford GT best times stock: 11.3's@133

C6 ZO6 best times stock: 11.7's@~126-127

At those speeds thats about 4-6 car lengths in the 1/4

Ford GT is slightly faster (about .2) in the 1/4

But I've seen the C6 z06 pulled the GT from a 40mph roll.

So I guess it depends on what type of race we're talking about.

02LaserRed2V said:
Yeah, the GT will need a lot of boost on a built motor. Only way the GT w/stock motor can beat one at the track is if it was stripped down and built into a fully drag racer like some of those NA cars in the Modular Depot forums.

Cobra will need a KB, Whipple or spray on ported Eaton. As said before, I've seen a C6 z06 pull a 58xrwhp KB Cobra. From the looks of it, the 03/04 Cobra will need at least 600rwhp.

It's amazing (and kinda sad in some ways) how the C6 z06 can beat cars making much more hp.

We will see about that built motor thing :D .

lol...vid was sad but remember chev mad the vette to run the best in its class..i love stangs but honestly, you gotta be honest, stock stang, stock vette vettes obviously gunna win...

that guy with the black z06 with intake and a tune racing the ford gt.. hes makeing 490 hp 460 trque.. i know the guy the car is nooooooooooooooo joke!!!!!! 1/4 mile ported blower eaton neck and neck.. roll race 40-130 the z06 will pull

Uncle Meat said:
It would take a heavily modded Kewbra me thinks! Even an 03/04 running a port job on the stock eaton and all of the normal bolt ons wouldn't stand much of a chance as already displayed in the video posted above. A 03/04 would need either a twin screw running some big boost or a shot of laughing gas to hang with one.

U.M.
I think it would have been a different story from a dead stop though. What's this going from a 60mph roll crap!?! Way to run the Eaton at the top end, out of it's efficiency range. Go from a drop and I think the Cobra in that vid would have put a hurting on the Vette.