looking for a good dual exhaust system

dustin.wolf

Sep 9, 2009
hey im looking for a good dual exhaust system for my 2008 v6 mustang..
im looking for a system that will give me hp gain and have a deep throaty sound to it.

if you could post a link to go to that would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

hey im looking for a good dual exhaust system for my 2008 v6 mustang..
im looking for a system that will give me hp gain and have a deep throaty sound to it.

if you could post a link to go to that would be great.

any HP gain will be minimal withduals, you may even lose a little torque. There's several companies offering a true dual kit to do yourself. Or you can go to a muffler shop and have 1 made. As for the sound, it will never sound deep and throaty like a V8. But it can be made to sound good. But the good part is subjective. Go to youtube and start listening to V6's with different set ups on them. What I liked you may hate, but that's the best place to start. Alot of people like a true dual system with stock GT manual mufflers. It's a little quiet for my tastes, but again, that's all personal preference.

Yes, I loved my dual exhaust to GT mufflers setup, but recently, my hangers got messed up on the driver side muffler and i had to take it completely off. The sound is kinda nice, very loud, but definitely not a v8. I'm going to try to get the other muffler off and get a video up on how it sounds with just straight duals with an X pipe, no mufflers. I did like the GT mufflers quietness (unless you step on it), but now having them off I kinda of like the change to louder better.