Looking for opinions, wheels for teh '97

fiveofanatic

How to fuel a Mustang:
Founding Member
Aug 12, 1998
Phoenix, AZ suburbs
I'm thinking about new wheels.

I'm pretty set on 17x9's & 275/40's all the way around, I want to be able to rotate them to extend tire life. I dunno about 18's...I tend to think I'm better off with a little more tire sidewall on my daily driver. I do like the '00 Cobra R 18's, but I've heard they don't fit up front real well on the 94-98 cars. (If you've got experience with them on a 94-98 car, I definitely want your opinion; I like that wheel a LOT.)

I was thinking about the 10th anniversary Cobra wheels, might look good, & aren't '95 Cobra R's, which are everywhere. Plus, they're not real expensive. Whatcha think?

svt_cobra_10_ann_ci3_l.jpg

wingless12.jpg

Attachments

• svt_cobra_10_ann_ci3_l.jpg
    svt_cobra_10_ann_ci3_l.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Sponsors (?)

I am in the process of trying to get 18x9's, and 18x10's to fit under my cobra. I have a friend who can get a good price on those y2k wheels if those are what you are talking about. Which springs do you have I know H&R. And before I purchased my saleen wheels I was looking at some 19's which would fit, with a 225 tire though. Send me a pm or email you should have it somewhere. let me know if I can help. Thanks chris

any luck deciding? I can't tell which of our cars sits lower, but a 265/35/18, will fit the front, unless your lower. I tried on my friends wheels and tires, and that size tire didn't come into contact anywhere on the front. 285's will fit the back.

I'm 99.9% sure I'll stick w/17's, just undecided on which ones. I'm almost completely settled on the 10th wheels, but one of the locals here is going to be selling his chrome '03 Cobra wheels soon...I may not be able to pass those up. I've got pics of a PG Cobra to add to the site, & it has chrome '03's on it...looks pretty sweet.

I'll send you some pics of mine when I finally get tires. Anybody have an extra 825 bucks? there is a new post on the regular svt forum of a red conv. with those wheels on it. it isn't lowered, but looks pretty good. In all actuality the 18's don't look that much bigger.

Why not run 18's with 275/40-18 tires. Sidewall will remain the same as stock. Overall the tire will be 1" taller, but it looks like you would fine for clearance judging from the photo.