looking to buy a new carry pistol

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a few that I alternate ... but my favorite is my Glock 26 (subcompact 9mm). I like those XD's also. It really depends on your ability to use the gun. I like to keep a 9mm with me because I know I'm good with it, mainly because it's relatively cheap to practice with .. Of course when not target shooting, I keep Hydrashoks or Speer Gold Dots in 127 or 146 grain +P.

For my .357 and .38, I use Corbon ammo (expensive but serious stuff!)

I have concealed carry permit and I keep a Springfield XD .45 compact on me. I really like the gun, after 15 yards its accuracy starts to drop off but a majority of encounters happen around the 7 feet range anyways. I like the .45 for the crackhead knock down power, we have a lot of them in orlando and I have to go into ghetto areas pretty often.

I work armed but other than that I don't even carry on my own time much at all anymore.

these days even if your in the right you'll still end up in jail so whats the point.

sometimes if I go into a real bad area I'll take my smith 9 (sw9ve) but its a rare occassion. I also have a kimber .45 and a glock 9

if I buy another gun it'll be a sig:D

I own a springfield armory xd 40 subcompact, a kel-tec .380, and a .40 cal taurus pt140...I love the springfield, its a amazing gun..I keep it in my car, I would get the 9 or the 40 as the 45 still has a long barrel..a 4inch I think, just the handle is shorter..the kel-tec I like because it is the size of my cellphone, fits in my pocket like a wallet..thats what I carry for my day to day activites..and the pt140 I keep in my house..the xd40 is sooooooo smooth. Im actually going to be getting a glock soon, just so I can get those 33rd mags:)

these days even if your in the right you'll still end up in jail so whats the point.
absolutly untrue! The trend of defense shootings and ot even being charged is on the rise. people are understanding more it's time to take care of yourself.
Plus it's better to be judged by 12 and carried by 6!

Go for the XD it's a great gun. I would go with the .40. That is my caliber of choice here recently. Used to be the 9mm but I really like the .40.

As someone who carries a Glock all day everyday don't get one!!!!!!! Pats the old Glock 22 man I hate these stupid glocks!

Get either the .40 or .45

In our house we have 2 H&K USP .40's, 1 Kimber Custom .45, 1 Bersa .380, and 2 S&W .357mag revolvers. Being as I'm not 21 I can't carry legally, but my dad uses the Bersa for his CCW and other times uses the H&K. I think he's going to start carrying the Kimber more now, but either way I'd opt for the power of either the .40 or .45 when my life was on the line.

For a "car-gun", get a nine. You can alternate with hardball and hollow point to punch through car doors and/or drop someone. Also nines are cheaper to buy and shoot so if you get it taken (by cops after a justifiable shooting) or stolen it isn't a huge heartache. However, I don't advise carrying a gun in the truck, I would rather carry it on my person (trucks sometimes get stolen or broken into and then you have an armed thief). The low recoil of the nine makes it easy to "triple-tap". A large cap magazine is always a nice plus that is why I have a Taurus nine (Beretta clone) and a Browning Hi-Power.

glock is the only way to go I have a 27 .40, nice small powerful, holds 9plus 1 or 10 plus 1 with grip extender, reliable accurate...dont be fooled my imitations

Know what's cool?? If you know anyone that has a 26 (9mm), you can take the slide assembly off and swap em ... now you can shoot 9mm out of your gun. A buddy of mine has a 27 and I have a 26 and we will occasionally swap slides just for fun.

I always love it when the media says that hollow points are called "cop killer" rounds "designed to pierce bullet proof vests". The scare tactics they use on stuff like that is so blatantly wrong makes me want to hurl, and people who don't know much about guns eat it up and scream for gun control based off their extremely skewed view of things.

I'd still say get a .40 or .45. Get a reloader too, a box of 50 .40's costs about $3.50 if you reload, buy 50 at a store and you pay $10+ I don't want to get into a gun war with Durden or whoever again but I'm still going to say a .40 or .45 is much better for CCW than a 9.

I always love it when the media says that hollow points are called "cop killer" rounds "designed to pierce bullet proof vests". The scare tactics they use on stuff like that is so blatantly wrong makes me want to hurl, and people who don't know much about guns eat it up and scream for gun control based off their extremely skewed view of things.

I'd still say get a .40 or .45. Get a reloader too, a box of 50 .40's costs about $3.50 if you reload, buy 50 at a store and you pay $10+ I don't want to get into a gun war with Durden or whoever again but I'm still going to say a .40 or .45 is much better for CCW than a 9.

Yeah, hollow points are designed to basically do the opposite. When they hit, the core which is harder than the shell hits and the softer material wraps around. The bullet stops when it hits something hard and digs in (eeek!). Real "cop killer" rounds are armor piercing .. made from steel and other hard materials.

As for reloading, sure it's cheaper but to buy all the stuff you need to do it costs a lot.

I have a bersa 40 cal., a ruger gp100 357 mag. and a taurus 9mm. The 9mm is the cheapest to shoot because of the ammo. But for personal defence I like the 40 cal. It has plenty of knock down power and the target rounds are not really expensive. When I'm not at the range I keep it loaded with 180 grain speer gold dots. They run about 17$ for 20.

Know what's cool?? If you know anyone that has a 26 (9mm), you can take the slide assembly off and swap em ... now you can shoot 9mm out of your gun. A buddy of mine has a 27 and I have a 26 and we will occasionally swap slides just for fun.

That's a really realy really bad idea!!!!!!! Yes it can be done just like you can run 25lbs of boost on a nonintercooled nonbuilt motor.
It might go for a little while but ll you're going to end up with in the end is a Kaboom!!!

The guns are not built to the same specifications!!! Just because it fits doesn't mean it should be done!!!

Again as someone who carries a glock all day everyday, DON'T GET ONE!!!!!!
View attachment 384603

H&K > Glock in both price and quality.

The way I see it though, for something that is possibly going to be used to defend yours or your families lives, I'd prefer to spend a few hundred more and be 100% sure my gun will fire EVERY time I pull the trigger without going kaboom or jamming/fail to feed.

Besides, I bought my USP when I was 12 after saving up money mowing lawns...If I can buy one as a 12 year old, it should be no problem for someone with a steady income.