Looking to lower the rear

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
After getting my new wheel and tire setup it seems that my car is perched a little too high for my liking in the back. Right now I have it on the ford C springs with Tokico blues along with both upper and lower isos. I know I could take them out to lower it but I'm not too sure if it will be the look I want. I also have to contend with rubbing issues if I go too low as well. What are some options I could do that would be cost effective minus cutting a spring? Isos might be something I'll take out if I get new lcas but I don't want to tear it apart just to remove the isos. How much would coilovers in the rear cost and would it be sufficient for a street car with a relative budget as well? I would want to keep the front suspension as is btw. Hopefully I can get a pic or 2 tmw since tonight in tx there's tornados everywhere.

• Sponsors (?)

pull those isos asap.. the rear springs are the easiest thing in the world to mess with...do one side at a time and itll take you 10 minutes a side (depending on how long it takes u to tape up the spring to reduce noise).

jack up the back of the car, put jackstands under it, get a 15mm socket, and unbolt the bottom of the shock from the lower control arm and slowly lower the rear end down with a jack... and thats it lol....you might want to unbolt the quad shock for extra clearance... mega simple :nice:

Rear coilovers are not a bad idea. They'll allow you to set the height wherever you. There are also kits that allow you to use a coilover style spring in the stock location with an adjustable spring collar in the top spring mount. I like this option quite a bit!

We have coilovers starting at $269/pair WITH shocks... but the nicer ones are quite a bit more. On a 94-04 Mustang, stock location coilovers are a viable option, but on 79-93 Mustangs I prefer the 2.5" springs with adjustable spring mounts.

I put these on sometime back. Love em.

weight-jacker-lower-control-ar.jpg