• Sponsors (?)

How about for a nice bang for the buck:
1) 4.10s
2) Cold Air Box
3) Underdrive Pullies
4) Tuner
5) Aluminum Driveshaft

Comments?

All are great mods. 4.10's are will wake your car up a lot. CAI, pulleys and tune will make some good combined power. The DS, all I can say is it's a great mod, but it costs a lot for the S197's, that's the only downfall:(

So the Ford Racing cold air box comes with the tuner? It states 40HP increase, maybe generous but that is not bad for $800 bucks. Anyone have done this mod yet?

I was thinking nitrous also, since the superchargers are like $5K.

Dude if you get 40 hp from the FRPP intake and tuner Ill shave my head. Ford does not quote 40 hp for their intake heck they quote 20 hp for the whole power pack. and that is bad for $800 you can get a JLT intake and SCT tuner for $550 from Brenspeed or Bama 20-25 hp is a fair increase to expect from a good CAI (JLT or C&L) and a tune. Another benefit of the tuner is unlike fords it will allow you to tune for future mods, and brenspeed and Bama both will give you new tunes for mods you buy from them.

Anyone have any good numbers or estimates on HP gains from the following:

1) 4.10s
2) Cold Air Box
3) Underdrive Pullies
4) Tuner
5) Aluminum Driveshaft

I don't have the DS, but plan on getting the UDPs in January. Then having it dyno tuned with #1-4 + O/R H.
I'm just guessing, but #2-4 could net 40-50 RWHP. DS and 4.10s shouldn't add power, but will free up rotational mass(give you back HP lost)and get you in the powerband quicker.

All are great mods. 4.10's are will wake your car up a lot. CAI, pulleys and tune will make some good combined power. The DS, all I can say is it's a great mod, but it costs a lot for the S197's, that's the only downfall:(

Those mods could run you about $1700-2000(I included $500+/- for gears+install and $200+/- install for DS). IMO, not bad to go from stock to a very streetable possible N/A high 12 second car. Add stickies and that could drop by another couple tenths to the mid 12s:nice:

Those mods could run you about $1700-2000(I included $500+/- for gears+install and $200+/- install for DS). IMO, not bad to go from stock to a very streetable possible N/A high 12 second car. Add stickies and that could drop by another couple tenths to the mid 12s:nice:

Yeah, my buddy has a 07 and he wants to get gears, tuner and a driveshaft. The driveshaft is a killer on price though on the S197's. Your cars don't take that much to crack the 12's mark and some stickies will get the job done:)

Thanks guys so far for the info...

1) On the Tuner, suggestion on manufacturer?
2) Cold Air Box, suggestion on manufacturer?

Any other mods besides supercharger (too much), exhaust (I heard stock is good), no heads or cam.

$525 will get you 12's:nice:
CAI + Good Mail Order Tune
See Sig

lot of bench racing here.

A cold air box and a custom tune are good for 10 -20 hp. I have a k&n box which does not require a tune, k&n claims 15 hp, but that is probably streching it. I have not had my car dyno'd but the box is probably only worth half that in my opinion.
You really don't know unless you dyno your car.

As for charge motion plates, do your research. These are for cars operating in the extreme end of the rpm range, (like 5000+ rpm's). So if you are drag racing your car all the time this may be a good thing. For the street, you don't need. Same with coil packs if you have a n/a car.

There are tons of stuff out there for the mustang and everyone has an opinion. Me like others have spent way too much money on stuff that offers little or no gain. So do your homework, chances are you'll find only a few goodies really amount to much for a street driven car. The tune is a good one though.

Jack:shrug:

i think the fun mods are the exhaust (slp l-m) and pro 5.0 shifter plus my girl loves to drive the car. they dont require a tune and you can do it in a few hours in the drive way. I am looking to tune the car when the warrenty runs out, gears are out of the question being the car is driven a 100 miles a day to work and i like running a 100+ on the interstate when traveling