Low down on intake spacers?

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
So whats the facts about intake spacers on a 99+? What kind of gains are experienced, and is it worth it? Any downsides or regrets? Any track times to back it up? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

jas142 said:
So whats the facts about intake spacers on a 99+? What kind of gains are experienced, and is it worth it? Any downsides or regrets? Any track times to back it up? Thanks!

From what ive heard do that after a power adder , save that money and put it towards longtubes or gears , biggest gain you can bolt on , besides a blower or a bottle by far

everyone goes out and buys some flows, a tb, an intake spacer, a mass air meter and they expect to hit low 13s and put down 250+ hp...LOL

if you want to see mods that work, look at mine and go from there...note my rwhp.rwtq numbers where before the plenum, so gimme about 8 more ...

I bought a phenolic intake space from intakespacer.com (or intakespacers.com--ccan't remember the exact name) for $25 bucks so I thought, why not?

I can't say if it has given me any more hp or helped my times (because I haven't been to the dyno or the track), but I will say my throttle response is better and I don't have the rpm hang like some report.

My intake spacer manufacturers claim a 2-7 hp increase on na vehicle and more on vehicles with power adders. I figure that even if it is 2 hp, for $25 it's worth it.

Spacers and CAI are the same type of mod. Some like them , some don't . Both show little or no improvement, some lose power. I have an intake spacer and don't run any faster or slower. It did did smooth out idle and throttle response a little so I left it on. With other mods they may help. Don't expect great SOTP gains. Gears, TA and pulleys made the biggest SOTP difference. In that order. :nice:
believe very little of what you read in any magazine for HP gains. Look on this site and look at mods people use and see who makes the most hp and has fastest times with mods.