lowering springs with no isolators

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yeah, mine squeaked like crazy when I ditched the isolators. I wrapped the end coils in tape, and sprayed a few layers of rubberized undercoating on the spring perches, and it's great now.

Hi all,
I have two question about lowering springs and isolators. Why would you not install the isolators with your (new) lowering springs. The reason I'm asking is, I just bought a new Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs and purchased new isolators to replace the factory ones for my 98 cobra. I was worried about them being worn out and possibly making noise in the future. Are your doing this to make the car lower? If so, how much lower does this make the car without the isolators installed?

Are your doing this to make the car lower? If so, how much lower does this make the car without the isolators installed?

Yes, you leave the isolators out to give the car more of a drop. When I took my isolators off of my front springs, it dropped the front about .5". Made the car look a lot nicer.

OP: I've had my isolators out for a few months now and mine do not squeak at all. Maybe it takes longer than that :shrug: All I know are mine don't and they aren't wrapped with anything.

i spent all day putting new springs on mine today. thought i would go with the isolators this time thinking the sportlines would drop too much... so put them on and it wasn't low enough. took the front iso's out, didn't wrap them in anything (maybe i should have though), and for now the back one's are in but i may end up taking those out too. probably gave me about an extra 1/2" drop up front like Niteryder85 said. i just took out my hodge podge spring set up out (pro-kit front w/ h&r race in the back) but it wasn't low enough for me. i had that set up for a year or so no isolators and never sqeaked. but tape or a bike tube or something is a good idea, it can't hurt to keep a potential annoyance from happening especially when it can be an arduous process to re-do the springs

Thxs for the replies guys. I guess I have to rethink about what to do. wished I had a pic of mustang with these lowering measurements to get a idea.

Ride Height Drop (inch) 1.3 front and 1.4 rear.