LT header install

Ok so i am contemplating installing my Mac LTs myself with my father. Just wanting to know if the manifold studs are prone to breaking off easily and if so then I might just take to a shop to do the install. Thx

EDIT: And the shop quoted me $300 for the install. Good deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a hint...spray it, let it sit, spray it some more.....let it sit, spray it more. Us Aero Kroil...the greatest stuff ever made.

I dont know what tools you ahve available to you, but here is the easiest way to do it. Stick the car on jack stands and drop the K-member. If you have an engine crane/hoist...attach it to the engine and drop it down a bit. That should get you access to all the bolts. If you have to use a lot of force....spray it again. The key, the penetrating oil. If you let it work, it should be simple to get off.

Make sure it's a legit shop...$300 might be a great price but if they're winging it you may end up with a terrible install and a you want a header install on these cars to end right...whatever you decide, put locking header bolts in....don't cheap out and reuse the stockers....you'll thank me later

After this happened I saw only a very small % of people had the same problem I did and the vast majority (95% or more) had great luck with them.
I am sure ppl will tell you I did something wrong, etc etc

I bought Stage 8 locking header bolts but had a fkn hell of a time trying to get them in. We gave up and reinstalled the stock bolts and haven't had any problems in the 6 months since. If anything, I was pissed that I wasted $50 on the locking bolts (which are currently collecting dust in my garage).