M.M. or Global West Subframe connectors?

stangbear427 said:
Big company? Maximum Motorsports? I think you may be confusing them with Steeda.

Global West on the other hand, has also been selling parts twice as long as MM, well over two decades. They are huge- their product line includes parts for several brands of car not just Mustangs, as well as engineering full race cars. Not a mom and pop operation by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sure MM could only dream of moving as many parts in a fiscal year.

Very true. As I said in my previous post. Global West has been around for many years. What I meant was MM focuses specifically on Mustangs and therefore has a larger following for that niche. They get more attention by Mustang owners. Both products are good, and improvements will be seen no matter what company the person chooses.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe stangbear was referring to me when he said “QDRHRSE”.
sub-frame wars, haha
He was wrong about another thing, I don’t have Global Wests. I have Chassis Engineering subs on my 93 LX. I will be getting a couple pairs of Global Wests soon though (I have 5 fox stangs).

With no other mods, the GW subs are stronger and will stiffen your car more. You most certainly can get a jack under them. I can get a jack under my CE subs which hang lower that the GW. If you wanted to get even stiffer in the future GW has rocker rail tie-ins that weld to the subs with 3 or 4 cross braces and weld in right under your cage mounts. Global West subs
The MM subs are a good compromise if you have a severely lowered car, like stangbear's. But if you just want strength in a sub-frame connector, the GW subs are the better choice. They are probably one of the strongest non custom subs on the market, not counting through the floor stuff like Griggs.

I think 5.0 Nostalgia’s point was that most anybody with a stang has heard of Maximum Motorsports, they have multi page adds in every rag out there but probably less then 15% of stang owneres have heard of Global West. If you ask most people who Global West is, you would probably hear a lot of, “I heard of them, they’re a moving company right?”

Cliff :D

Maier Racing hands down... Their sub frames are circular and they are based out of the bay area, hayward california.
I was orginally going to go with Kenny brown which i got a lot of great feedback from until i went to get a roll cage from these guys.

If you plan on using a torque arm then you have to cut through the subframes to weld it in place. Check them out.

MaierRacing.Com
Awesome customer service.. Best mod i have don e next to a cage from them.. Puts your 5.0 on rails.

Roger

Stalone93GT said:
Maier Racing hands down... Their sub frames are circular and they are based out of the bay area, hayward california.
I was orginally going to go with Kenny brown which i got a lot of great feedback from until i went to get a roll cage from these guys.

If you plan on using a torque arm then you have to cut through the subframes to weld it in place. Check them out.

MaierRacing.Com
Awesome customer service.. Best mod i have don e next to a cage from them.. Puts your 5.0 on rails.

Roger

I hope their subs and cage are better than their fiberglass hoods!

Well, hopefully their hoods have improved too!

WLDHRSE said:
I believe stangbear was referring to me when he said “QDRHRSE”.
Cliff :D
I wondered when you'd show up in here! Yeah, that's exactly who/what I was talking about. So the question is, who is QDRHRSE? I'm sure there is one, but obviously he isn't the Metalica fan I debated with in the sub-frame wars... oh well. Guess I shoulda looked back to that post before I made refference to it, eh?