mac equal length headers

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I have a chance to pick up a set of Mac equal length shorty headers for pretty cheap. Is anyone using these headers, any problems with fitment? (I know the usual problems of burnt plug wires and how hard it is to change plugs with them but for the price I think it’s worth it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the unequal length shorties so I don't know about spark plug problem but do have a problem with the header bolts always coming lose. I don't know if this is a common problem with MAC headers but if it is I would get some locking bolts for the headers.

Just remember that MAC is known for poor quality, as far as headers go. My friend has a set on his 1994, and they were a PITA to get the individual header flanges to line up. Also, the coating is about as bad as it gets. Expect them to look like total ass within a few months, even if you paint them.

cmclean said:
Also, the coating is about as bad as it gets. Expect them to look like total ass within a few months, even if you paint them.

Mine look fine after a whole summer of driving. I painted them with cheap hi-temp paint and they look the same as when they went on there. I'll agree MAC doesn't necessarily scream quality, but every piece I've bought has been fine and for the price you really can't beat some of MAC's products.

Jake