Mac Straight Shot Plenum & Throttle Body??????

jrc_03_gt

Jan 1, 2004
482574_28.jpg

Is anyone running this set up ? I was thinking of getting the straight shot along with the 70mm or 75mm throttle body and the plenum. I have a 2003 gt. The motor is stock. I am running an off road h pipe. The rest of my mods are in my sig.

(1) Should I go with 70mm or 75mm TB??????

(2) Would I have to get a tune after the install?????

(3) Is there any chance of having any low end loss??????

(4) What kind of gains should I expect???

I will be keeping my stock mass air meter on this unit.
Parts shopper has this set up for around $440 -$460 with the polished plenum and 75mm TB. *****70mm TB is available too. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

jrc_03_gt said:
Is anyone running this set up ? I was thinking of getting the straight shot along with the 70mm or 75mm throttle body and the plenum. I have a 2003 gt. The motor is stock. I am running an off road h pipe. The rest of my mods are in my sig.

(1) Should I go with 70mm or 75mm TB??????

(2) Would I have to get a tune after the install?????

(3) Is there any chance of having any low end loss??????

(4) What kind of gains should I expect???

I will be keeping my stock mass air meter on this unit.
Parts shopper has this set up for around $440 -$460 with the polished plenum and 75mm TB. *****70mm TB is available too. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I amost made this mistake and asked the questions on this forum. Go with Accufab and get the 70mm, you won't regret it.

Calvin099 said:
I amost made this mistake and asked the questions on this forum. Go with Accufab and get the 70mm, you won't regret it.

Did you put the straight shot on at the same time as the TB and Plenum?

Did you notice a nice gain in power? Did you have any low end loss?

Will I have to get a tune??????

The TB and Plenum made a small but noticable improvement. The straight shot is just a pretty mod for the most part... Get basically the same thing with a K&N filter. As for the tune, I'd get one to make sure you're not loosing performance... You've got a whole new air flow system in your stang.

You don't need a tune as it will change just about nothing a/f wise.

You wont lose any low end power.

Get the 75mm TB.

About 7-12hp depending.

Don't get the MAC mass air meter, it simply leans up the a/f. You can get a mail order chip from modulardepot.com or go the Predator (or even TwEECer route), and it will help alot more than a mass air.

The straight shot looks pretty, that is the real gain. Don't get mass air meters that simply fool the EEC into adding less fuel. It's a waste of money when you get a tune.

i picked up about 1.5 mph on average (and I know exactly what my mods do since I am very detail oriented when it comes to recording track results)when I went with magnaflow dumps and 70mm accufab plenum and throttle bottle. My stuff is for sale btw :D