Mach 460->Mach 1000...possible?

dogteam7

Founding Member
May 16, 1999
Stockbridge, GA, US
:shrug: I have a Mach 460 system in my 2002 right now. I saw a Mach 1000 system for sale that includes the 4 amps, subs and wiring harness.

Can I convert my system to a 1000 with this?

My head unit has the phone button where the 1000 system has the Mach button, will that matter? Tks!

• Sponsors (?)

Its funny that as many times as this topic comes up on the board, the answer is always "After market is better"

Well I like the Mach 460 system except for its horrible bass offerings.

I'm really not trying to corner the world sound market. I just want something with a little better capability of handling bass.

The in dash CD changer is great and I really don't want to mess with it......sooooo......does anyone know if I can install the 1000 amps and subs with my current 460? Tks

Yes you can.

I am stuck trying to do the same thing but my issue is that I don't have the upgrade harness and haven't had the time to try and figure out the wiring to create one. But they do sell upgrade kits to bump your 460 to the 1000 problem is they also get $900-$1300 for said kit...bullcrap

chiliboy said:
I agree with Dogteam7.. For your money you can get much better bass for less by simply adding an aftermarket Amp and Sub(s).

i agree with the above- for $400 you can get a sub/amp combo that will smoke anything ford has released!
i was hoping to upgrade the stock 460 system, but looking at it i think i'll save alot of ag by starting new -- battery back! let the fun begin.