Mach 460 sound trouble

Bigbofus

Apr 11, 2005
Hey, I am having serious trouble installing my new aftermarket stereo into my mustang. I know that the aftermarket stereos are not supposed to be compatable with the mach 460 system but I have previously installed two different aftermarket stereos (all pioneer) with no trouble. I had my last stereo stolen last month and the thief took the wiring harness also. Now I went out and bought a new harness but I know it is the wrong one (the one I bought is labled ford premium sound system). When I installed it the stereo worked but absolutely no sound. Is there any other alternatives rather than rewire the whole system? I found a wiring harness for mach 460 systems which plugs into the pre-outs in the back of the deck but it is labled 1999-2000 mustangs and I have a 1996. Any help you could give would be great.
Thanks.

Zach '96 GT

• Sponsors (?)

i really dont have any def. answers, your problem lies in the factory amp, if you go around it you need to run wires (all 4) to the amp location and then splice in there. I know they make wire harness (line convertes) that will do the trick like you had b4 it got stolen, but there not going to give you pristine sound either