Mach I What is it worth???

lmiller

May 31, 2004
AR
I have a 1969 mach I CJ R code car. It is an automatic with air, it has had a complete professional restoration and is in new condition, all numbers match though out the car. I am wanting to sell it but I was wondering what kind of money it might bring. I know what I have in it and am hoping that it is more then that. ($40,000.00) I am considering using Barret-Jackson, ebay, traders. Any imput would be helpful. When I say it is in perfect condition, I mean it in every sence of the word. The car states 18,000 miles however I have no documentation on this. Like I stated earlier it is an all numbers matching total restoration. I could take pictures if anyone was interested in seeing it...Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If it is in mint conditon, matching number R-code cars should (easily) get $45000 on E-bay. But remember to take a lot of pictures (high-res), and from all over and under the car. That should get you bidders. Also post pictures of your vehicle documents and a Marti Report. Barret-Jackson don't let you set a reserve, so be careful with that.

Edit: I'm by no means a expert, but that is my $0.02

Thanks for your imput, I will tyr to post some pics of the car in the next day or so. 45,000 is what I thought it would bring at least, I have seen them go for a lot more. Some of those car were not as well done as mine either. You are correct on the Barret-Jackson deal, or at least that is what I have been told. They have accepted it to be run though if we choose to. Thanks again.

I will try to get some new pictures of it as soon as it quits rain here. I have never posted pictures before, so if someone could give me some pointers it would help. Thanks again for the imput thus far.

This is the SCJ R I used to have.

Mach1.jpg

If your car is as you say, 40-45 is the absolute top in the regular market. Drag Packs and unusual paint Mach's will fetch a little more. Remember, B-J is an extreme, and thier prices do not transfer into the regular market.

More info on your car is needed, as well as pics.

Attachments

• Mach1.jpg
    Mach1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 113
lmiller said:
I will try to get some new pictures of it as soon as it quits rain here. I have never posted pictures before, so if someone could give me some pointers it would help. Thanks again for the imput thus far.

There are two ways:

1. Open an account with a photo hosting service like Photobucket <http://www.photobucket.com/> for example. Upload the photo you want to your online album. It will usually resize the photo or you can easily make it smaller in the edit functions.

When posting on this site and wishing to insert an image:

-open your photo site in another window
-right click on the IMG code of the photo you wish to insert and click copy
-minimize that window
-go to the stangnet reply box and paste the code in your reply

If using Photobucket you won't need to use the "insert image" button in the advanced reply section because the code will already have all the appropriate syntax applied.

2. Upload your image as an attachment.

You are limited in the size of your attatchment and may have to resize before uploading.

You need a certain amount of posts before you can insert images or attatchments, I believe. I think it is 30.