Magnaflow Exhaust...LOUD!!!

Dave00GT

Aug 17, 2004
New Jersey
Wow, I just installed my Magnaflow Magnapack catback exhaust tonight..I've got one word. LOUD! This baby screeeaaams when you step on it! It sounds awesome, but its got a hell of a drone if you're near or above 2000rpms. I may have a slight leak because my one clamp doesn't seem to be sitting right on there, but I'm going to have that checked out tomorrow. I'm actually hoping that it does have a slight leak, and after its fixed it gets little quieter when your cruising. It sounds like a Nascar Nextel Cup Car when you floor it. I'll give it some time and see how it settles with me. Might just be too loud later on down the road. Definitely can't floor it with any cops around though, they'd drop their donuts and be on your ass in seconds!! :D
I can't imagine even changing my factory H pipe with this exhaust. That would be over-the-top too loud.

• Sponsors (?)

:nice:

Just got mine done yesterday. I'm still in awe--and actually just about ready to hit the streets (since it's late, and no one is around) just to hear it with the windows rolled down. It's just too noisy during the day to fully enjoy it. LOL

i still love mine
ive had em on the car since 1000 miles or so. Im looking at headers now and midpipe, not for the sound, just for the power! If the headers and midpipe didnt change the sound i would not care. the catback alone sounds BADASS.
enjoy

I put packs on mine but I don't feel they are that loud and I don't like loud or drone. The put out more than my stock exhaust on the Mach but now I've considering a catted X or H since it's not annoying. :rolleyes:

I've had my packs for over a year now and STILL love 'em! I don't have the "annoying" drone at 2000K rpm's like some say they have. It does drone some around that rpm, but nothing like the other name brand exhaust I had on my 98 GT, which will remain nameless. :D

I can tell you though, it only sounds better with time. Mine sounds better now than it did when I first installed it. I still do the "pack" dance when I think about it. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :D

LOL, I had packs and a catted X on my old GT and recently was able to hear it side by side with my new cobra and can definitely say that the packs do not even come close to LOUD. The cobra has an O/R X and an FRPP M55 catback, and the packs sound so quiet compared to this new set up that its not even funny.

I just took it to an exhaust shop to have them look over the whole installation, because it sounded extremely loud inside the car, and they confirmed I had an exhaust leak just before each muffler. Go figure! :nonono: It was a late night installation and there was beer involved! What can I say!! :rlaugh:

But the exhaust shop put some new clamps on there and new hangers as well as aligned the whole thing up a little better, and now its not nearly as loud when you just cruising. But when you stomp on it......wwwwwhhhhhhheeew!! What a sound!! Still sounds like a race car, but I love it!! :D The drone isn't that bad either under 2000rpm. I stomped on it after leaving the exhaust place, my luck there's a cop sitting right down the road, he just flashed his headlights at me! I wasn't speeding, but I guess he was signaling me to take it easy a bit, or maybe he just liked the sound! :D

Can a guy with a regular MagnaFlow system swap the queiter mufflers for the MagnaPak mufflers? I have the queiter Mufflers on an other wise stock car and more often than not, it's too quiet. Do the MagnaPaks drone like MAC/Drone Masters/etc....?