Magnapak vs MagnaFlow CatBack?

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on what you are going for. If you want a nice sounding system go with the 'Flows, but if you want a system that is really loud and scares little children get the 'Packs. I had the Packs and the Pro-Chamber installed at the same time about a year ago and I still, to this day, haven't heard a better sounding exhaust anywhere. The only complaint that I have heard come from people that get the Flows are that they wanted it to be louder.

Y2K_MustangVert said:
It depends on what you are going for. If you want a nice sounding system go with the 'Flows, but if you want a system that is really loud and scares little children get the 'Packs. I had the Packs and the Pro-Chamber installed at the same time about a year ago and I still, to this day, haven't heard a better sounding exhaust anywhere. The only complaint that I have heard come from people that get the Flows are that they wanted it to be louder.

Hm..scaring children...tempting...

How is the fit, finish and quality on the 'Packs?

Thanks dude.

do the packs have at least the horsepower gain given by the flows or more? because, according to magnaflow's website, the magnaflows outperformed the SLP catback as well as either borla or bassani. I know the packs aren't exactly like the SLP "resonators," but they are a little closer in design than the flows.

"better" is matter of opinion. I have 'flows on my daily driver. I am VERY happy with them. Growl with performance sound without being over bearing. But had this been my "toy" I would be disappointed with how quiet it is.

Magnaflows weren't loud enough for me so I went with the Magnapacks, they are still suitable for daily driving. They are not loud at idle, they have a nice low rumble then scream at WOT, they get louder the faster you drive. Very nice shiney polished mufflers, top quality system.

I own a diesel performance shop in Enid, Oklahoma and ordered a magnapack system yesterday...can't wait. I'm a new mustang owner and this is my 1st mod, but not my last. Damn...I hope my wife don't read this!! What is everyones opinion on the catted x pipe from magnaflow to go with the cat back system? I was going to do the cat back 1st and add the other later if it makes a huge difference. Is it mostly power or sound?

drexebo said:
do the packs have at least the horsepower gain given by the flows or more? because, according to magnaflow's website, the magnaflows outperformed the SLP catback as well as either borla or bassani. I know the packs aren't exactly like the SLP "resonators," but they are a little closer in design than the flows.

I dont see how they outperformed SLP, Borla and Bassani there all straight thru mufflers :shrug:

So Dynomax 3 inch catback must outflow all of them 2.5 inch catbacks :D