MAJOR power falloff around 3k rpms

5.0_GT_kid

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Largo, Florida
MAJOR power falloff around 5k rpms

Is this normal? I noticed when I go to the track I can feel the power loss around 5k, but she still has run a best of 9.7 in the 1/8th mile with just a K&N filter, off road H and 40 series?

Is this just normal due to the restrictive intake, or might there be something else at fault here. I'm thinking I might need to have the MAF cleaned.

I guess it's not bad for a car that just turned 204k miles on the stock, non-rebuilt engine :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

5.0_GT_kid said:
Is this normal? I noticed when I go to the track I can feel the power loss around 3k, but she still has run a best of 9.7 in the 1/8th mile with just a K&N filter, off road H and 40 series?

Is this just normal due to the restrictive intake, or might there be something else at fault here. I'm thinking I might need to have the MAF cleaned.

I guess it's not bad for a car that just turned 204k miles on the stock, non-rebuilt engine :shrug:

Replaced your fuel filter lately? Power should just be coming on hard @ 3k RPMs.

wytstang said:
That would be a nice combo. You should start now researching EVERYTHING. The combos are endless and everyone is an expert on what works best. But if your going custom let the pro cutting the cam suggest what heads and intake would work best for your combo.

Already done, the Mustang club i'm the co-founder of got a deal worked out with Blue Oval Corral here where we provide them with advertising and word of mouth and they give us great prices :nice:

Anyways they cut custom cams and Chad, the guy who runs Blue Oval, we've talked about the combo and he says I'm on the right track.

When I worked at a ford dealer ship a while back I worked with a friend named Chad Hicks who now works at blue oval corral in clear water. He has a 93 blue fox that runs 9.30 in the 1/4 last I heard. Chad is a great guy and really knows mustangs if this is the same chad take his advice and run with it he will not steer you wrong. If you can find out if this is the same chad please let me know that way I can get a custom cam from him at crack head prices :D.

5.0_GT_kid said:
Already done, the Mustang club i'm the co-founder of got a deal worked out with Blue Oval Corral here where we provide them with advertising and word of mouth and they give us great prices :nice:

Anyways they cut custom cams and Chad, the guy who runs Blue Oval, we've talked about the combo and he agrees it'd be a nice combo.

Blue oval corral guys are on the ball. They hooked me up and fixed my stang when no one else could figure it out. Jeff and Chad are both good guys.

What is that name of your club?

WytStang it must be the same Chad, and yes he knows his stuff really well and I know he has a couple stangs. I also remember him mentioning working at a Ford Dealership. He even registered on our club's forums and helps give out tech advice and stuff, he is an awesome guy and a great help, even offering a xmas special on Diablo predator tuners. :nice:

Outmama when I moved to Florida I met a kid who had all his work done at Blue Oval, and they did great work everytime.

For both of you the club is Tampa Bay Mustangs, the website is www.tbmustangs.com and you can go ahead and check out everything. We are in the process of converting the forums to the same program Stangnet uses and we are planning to renovate the website itself, so the site itself is somewhat empty.

BTW Chad is registered as N8secMustang on our forums

Wytstang the phone number to Blue Oval is 727-571-1996, and I'm about 100% certain that's the same chad.