manifold/trottlebody/headers question

_MATiC

Sep 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
question for ya'll..what's the largest size of throttle body you can use on a stock 95 5.0 intake manifold. also, has anyone bought that Typhoon intake manifold off Ebay? if so..how did it perform?

onto the header question: what type of headers should be used on a bone stock 95 gt? any feedback would be much appreciated. thx!

• Sponsors (?)

:) 60MM is the largest you can use without opening up the inlet on the intake(it's 60MM as well). The Typhoon has quality control issues although the cost makes it attractive. Several people use it here. As far as headers go, 1 5/8 in. shortys(FMS, JBA, BBK) or long tubes if emissions are not a concern. Equal length shortys may cause problems with your plug wires.

Yea, I bought the polished version Typhoon. It does have some quality control issues as you can read about in the reviews section of this site. I also bought the 70mm polished egr plate and t/b. Runs good so far. Manifold only needed minor cleaning of some of the thread holes. The finish could be a little nicer. You can see it on my car. Click on the site in my signature. I bought it from 50 resto for $439.00 plus shipping. I've seen the satin version on e-bay but not the polished version to compare prices. Good luck. :nice: