manual trans ??

mustangmat99

Jan 30, 2004
i might soon be buying an 00 v6 with a procharger supercharger, high perfomance clutch, mac exhaust, chip...the guy says the only thing mechanically wrong with it is that when u go from 4th to 5th there is a sticky sychronizer?? and it sometimes grinds, he said all u have to do is when u shift from 4th into 5th drop it into neutral first then into 5th? does that sound right? or is it somethign more? also, he said with the high performance clutch it kinda shakes going into first but after u break it in it will stop, again, does that sound right? help me out, thanx

• Sponsors (?)

mustangmat99 said:
i might soon be buying an 00 v6 with a procharger supercharger, high perfomance clutch, mac exhaust, chip...the guy says the only thing mechanically wrong with it is that when u go from 4th to 5th there is a sticky sychronizer?? and it sometimes grinds, he said all u have to do is when u shift from 4th into 5th drop it into neutral first then into 5th? does that sound right? or is it somethign more? also, he said with the high performance clutch it kinda shakes going into first but after u break it in it will stop, again, does that sound right? help me out, thanx

Basically, our tranny's 5th gear syncro plain SUCKS. Mine is gone too. However, it is no big deal unless you like speed shifting into 5th. Just shift like normal til there is resistance and then apply light pressure until it drops in (about 1 second later). No biggie.

alright, so its not my 5th gear going out or anything? and what about the clutch, do they normally need to be broken in like that? i never really delt alot with sticks before