Maxxxxxxxxx0riz3d it!

payupsucka said:
warp 8 isnt that the required speed for time travel

No, warp 10 is the theoretical speed at which you would travel through time as well as space. That's why the ships only have a top speed of warp 9.x :D One episode of Star Trek: Voyager dealt with warp 10 speed travel. But that was all. :rlaugh: I'm sorry, couldn't resist. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Consider it a guardian angel and/or God Himself that made your engine cut out and thereby keep you from getting yourself killed. All it takes is one random deer hopping the road, someone changing lanes, or a nearsighted old fart pulling out in front of you to make you go from feeling great to feeling ... well, dead.

Wanna go fast? Then... :Track:

And so, with that grumpy old man public safety announcement said ... I suppose you either banged into the rev limiter due to your gearing, or something is amiss in your ignition and/or fuel system. No actual speed governor set on our cars ... aside from the usual limitations of gearing, aerodynamics, tire speed ratings, driveshaft type (stock steel shafts tend to vibrate badly at high speeds), available horsepower, ambient weather/road conditions, and plain sanity. Considering all those factors, stock top-end is somewhere around 140mph, last I remember.

Give it a complete tune-up - plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fluids, filters, and a good bottle o' injector cleaner - and then locate a nearby circle track or drag strip where you can safely test out the top-end of the RPM band.

Btw, did you change out the speedo gear to correct for the different rear gears? Could be it's just reading way higher than it's actually going. Before I put in a 21-tooth gear in mine to help correct for my 4.10's (it still reads about 5mph or so high), at 65mph, my speedo was reading almost 90mph. Wheeeee! :D