Maybe I am high????

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
Would yall please tell my if theprice for my '87 LX hatch is too high?
It is a bone stock '87 model 4cyl 5spd with about 167000 mi on the clock. I have recently done a complete tune up on it along with a new radiator and the tires have aout 75% tread left on them. The car is white with the burgundy interior and a set of ten holes holding new front and rear brakes. The only thing that doesn't work is the a/c. I am trying to get $1500.00 for it but the priceis neg which I tell everyone.
It has also been previously wrecked, new aprons and a rear complete quarter. Am I too high or is this a reasonable price? After all it still gets 30mpg pulling two mountains foure times a week.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

it's the four banger under the hood that is givng you probs. if it was a 5.0 in the same condition you would have had it sold already. regardless, it's still a running functioning vehicle and I would say it is worth at least 1000

I'd stay around that price. I paid $500 for my 89, running, with a blown overdrive in the A4LD, blown heater core, screwed up fan controls and dents in nearly every panel. It already had 134 in the ac, and it worked fine. After fixing everything, except the body, I have about $1000 in it. If your body is decent, stay on your price.

Time of year plays into it, also, now is a poor time to sell a vehicle around here. I tried to sell my old Bronco around Thanksgiving a while back, ran nicely, ac and all worked, 35W 4-v, etc, and only got 2 or 3 tire kickers until early March, when I got 3 firm offers on it in two days, and it sold!

If gas goes up again, it will sell quickly! The asking prices of 2.3 cars around here went up from the $12-1500 range to the $1500 to $2500 range last summer! It has dipped some, but not back to where it was.

These are one of the only "standard rear drive cars" that get 20- to 25 mpg.