Maybe selling engine, what to ask for it?

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
Well I was planning on saving my old 5.0 for my next project car, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon. I just sold my T5 the other night and the guy was very interested in buying my old engine but I have no idea what it's worth. I'll list what's there and not there, and maybe you guys can help me out :SNSign:

Stock 95 5.0L, aprox 165K miles, stock everything, it ran good before I pulled it, it had a tick but no other noises, AFIK the valve covers have never been removed, timing cover is missing, oil pan is leaking(rusted through), no accessories or brackets, I think everything else is there(intake, dizzy, headers, etc), it's been sitting for about a year and a half.

I'd like to get around $200-250 for it, does that sound like a good price?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i got pretty nervous too. But im selling my stock motor too with the stock heads and intake minus the timing cover. My buddy is buying it i was gonna ask like 300 for it all, plus it has the 2031 cam in it.

what would my frpp 340bhp 302 with gt40x's and e-cam go for? what about with my track heat intake frpp 65mmtb and pro-m80?
i got it for $3k, its got like maybe 5-7kmiles on it not really sure at the moment its been a while since ive driven it.

now that i have the t56 i think a 351 would be pretty fitting. im thinking even with the 3:73 gears i'd still get killer gas mileage, pushing over 22mpg on the highway at around 100mph with the a/c on max....

hey atleast i'd get past the [email protected](street tires) and into the 12's/11's with my heads (ported of course) supporting fuel components and a r-intake. haha that sounds pretty cheap compared to getting a 302 "race block" ported heads/intake cam drive shaft loop (dare i type slicks) and a power adder.
-fawcett
ps sorry to hi-jack the thread