Mid lenght sub frame connectors (straight)

Dontknowchit

Jul 31, 2017
I got a good deal on some mid leinght sub frame connectors. (the cheaper kind). I'm a good welder so I'm not concerned about install except these are dead straight and I know the MMS ones have 2 bends in them. When I mocked them up the dip for the seats in the seat pan prevents the supports from going straight through. Color me confused as I know they are made for this car. Am I supposed to bend then myself? Do I just seld in one side and put a jack on then to bend them up to the next subframe? Anyone ever used these? Im temped to just make my own. I got the kit for basically the cost of the tubing so Im not afraid to hack then up and make something custom. Just kinda wondering if there was instructions on how this type was ever supposed to go on?

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt they could be bent with a jack honestly, might if I got some heat in them. Was thinking I might take them to my buddies press. I can't believe that's how they were meant to be Installed.

It's a good inch away, stuck on the footwell.
1000002672.jpg
1000002676.jpg
1000002677.jpg
1000002674.jpg

I agree with the above statement, classic case of getting what you pay for. If you have access to a press you'll need to use it to put the bends in it or else you'll have to go through the floor with the install.