Military Rebate?

• Sponsors (?)

Military rebate

The Military rebate is a factory rebate (normally $500) that can be used in addition to the X-plan. I had to go WAY up the Ford chain of command to verify this because my dealer certainly wouldn't do it for me. If you haven't ordered yet (and you have the money) you may want to check into Roush's rebates for military members. I think they go all the way up to $2500 on a Stage 3. All the dealer needs is to Xerox your active duty military ID. :flag:

I'm not sure what branch your in, but you might want to look into a program called Navy Auto Source ( navyautosource.com ). If I'm not mistaken it doesn't really matter what branch your w/, but the only thing is, that you have to be deployed on ship, or stationed overseas. They offer only american companies (Ford, GM, Chrysler, Harley) My cousin has used this to purchase 2 fully loaded Harley Road Kings that priced out around $25,000. His price was about $16,400 both times! It's worth a look.

I'm in the Army. Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) does offer that plan to deployed or OCONUS stationed service persons. I missed getting a Harley with them twice, because they (AAFES) only get a set amount of Harleys Worldwide. I will have to check if they offer Roushs or Saleens with the same discount. Thanks for the info.

I took delivery of my GT here in England last Friday - have just over 400 miles on her as of now. Ordered through the AAFES Tax Free guaranteed low price program last June, and received a $1,000 military customer rebate. You should have seen the heads turning today when I cruised the small town shopping areas of March and Ely, both towns in Cambridgeshire near where I live, about 70 miles north of London! I just can't stop smiling!

I bought mine 1 month ago in MO and at that time there were no military rebates offered. Unless you buy from overseas from AAFES I dont think you will get one. The only rebate offered at the time was a 500.00 for being a member of the American Quarter Horse Society.

REDFIRE 05 GT said:
I bought mine 1 month ago in MO and at that time there were no military rebates offered. .

I disagree. The military rebate should apply to the '05 Mustangs. I can send you an e-mail from Ford's x-plan manager if you would like proof to take to your dealer.

The Navy Auto Source/ AAFES buying program CAN NOT be beaten (Maybe the A-plan comes close). The BIG catch is that you have to be deployed, in international waters, or stationed overseas. Arranging a purchase through the NEX/BX/PX can be a royal pain in the arse, but it is worth it in the end. I almost ordered a '98 Cobra when I was in the Med. and would have saved almost $5k off MSRP. They sell the car at dealer cost plus a $250 service charge. You can buy from stock or order the car you want. Then the car will be delivered to ANY dealer in the US you desire. If the car is not perfect, or you change your mind they provide a money back guarantee. I will warn you that dealers that are not familiar with the program DO NOT like dealing with it because they are responsible for prepping the car and they don't make a dime. All the rebates available apply also, and if you are overseas when you take delivery it is all TAX FREE! I need to go on cruise again....lol.
:flag: