Mini Tub In Progress!!

Dammit,..gimme a minute it takes a few minutes to do all of this clicking..

Page two..
Mustang engine swap 029 - Copy.jpg
Mustang engine swap 030.jpg
Mustang engine swap 031.jpg

The Monster:

ptto-jpg.124599.jpg

m6ts-jpg.124602.jpg

dbn8-jpg.124603.jpg

8lmn-jpg.124606.jpg

rgxe-jpg.124607.jpg

zjxm-jpg.121042.jpg

iwub-jpg.121043.jpg

ul7s-jpg.121044.jpg

1ily-jpg.121046.jpg

ohy0-jpg.121049.jpg

There is a lot more,.....but seriously,..I already have a build thread. No sense duplicating it here:rolleyes:

Just go here instead.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/the-gila-monster.871263/
Which qa1 coilovers is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Getting ready to put my new goodies in the rear! We have shortened the rear almost 9" in total and we welded up the housing where it connects into the hogs head. Just to give it a little extra strength. I also welded up the 9" housing ends too (will post up more pics). If you ever do shorten one go with 9in ends (stronger, won't have leaking problems, plus more brake options). I order my axles and spool tomorrow. I'm going with strange hi tuf axles (33 spline) and a strange spool. But here is a couple new pictures
089411a769b7f529ea4cb1aeb52c23fb.jpg

58470fe87491103fd491bacd074d944b.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Getting ready to put my new goodies in the rear! We have shortened the rear almost 9" in total and we welded up the housing where it connects into the hogs head. Just to give it a little extra strength. I also welded up the 9" housing ends too (will post up more pics). If you ever do shorten one go with 9in ends (stronger, won't have leaking problems, plus more brake options). I order my axles and spool tomorrow. I'm going with strange hi tuf axles (33 spline) and a strange spool. But here is a couple new pictures
089411a769b7f529ea4cb1aeb52c23fb.jpg

58470fe87491103fd491bacd074d944b.jpg

Did the same to mine, 2.5" on each side with the 9" ends. Using strange shortened 31 splined axles. Doing c-clip eliminators, I assume? Good job man, what type of backspacing are you looking to get on your wheels. Mine is 4". Why the spool, going to race a lot?

Did the same to mine, 2.5" on each side with the 9" ends. Using strange shortened 31 splined axles. Doing c-clip eliminators, I assume? Good job man, what type of backspacing are you looking to get on your wheels. Mine is 4". Why the spool, going to race a lot?
With 9" ends there will be no c clip, I already have those wheels they're 5" b/s, and a spool is cheaper to buy and stronger. My main use of the car is street driven but it will be ran at the track. If your have to replace a posi unit you're looking at 500-600 dollars. Versus 200-250 for spool. I don't have any want to as far as cornering or anything like that.

Reactions: 1 user
With 9" ends there will be no c clip, I already have those wheels they're 5" b/s, and a spool is cheaper to buy and stronger. My main use of the car is street driver but it will be ran at the track. If your have to replace a posi unit you're looking at 500-600 dollars. Versus 200-250 for spool. I don't have any want to as far as cornering or anything like that.

I Bought c-clip eliminators without knowing that! I may or may not be a retard! My little engine is no threat to a rear end at the moment. I bought an FRPP diff, good enough for my car, it was only about $250. Admittedly a spool is stronger and lighter. What motor are you running?

I Bought c-clip eliminators without knowing that! I may or may not be a retard! My little engine is no threat to a rear end at the moment. I bought an FRPP diff, good enough for my car, it was only about $250. Admittedly a spool is stronger and lighter. What motor are you running?

I was waitin on this question!! Current motor is a 306 nothing special, don't really need a tub project for 450 horses but... A new motor will be going in!! I'm setting everything up for a motor with a good bit of power lol. I'm going for to many things. A car that will awe people At a show but will also run low 6s at the track so, I chose to do the tub/suspension and rear before motor. And I hated my current wheels and didn't want to have to buy wheels twice so I went wide lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitin on this question!! Current motor is a 306 nothing special, don't really need a tub project for 450 horses but... A new motor will be going in!! I'm setting everything up for a motor with a good bit of power lol. I'm going for to many things. A car that will awe people At a show but will also run low 6s at the track so, I chose to do the tub/suspension and rear before motor. And I hated my current wheels and didn't want to have to buy wheels twice so I went wide lol.

I understand man, my little 030 over 5.0 isn't going to burn down the track. I'm going to do this just because it looks cool and for the future. I wouldn't mind having a 351 bored and stroked out to a 427 one day!
Both of our rides will at least look badass! Besides 350 hp on mine isn't crap, but it's not the monsters that other guys here have.
I have put in as much as I can think to be ready for that big bad motor someday. I just need a driver for right now.
One thing though, my motor has been torn completely down and built with nice new stuff everywhere, it's going to last a while.
Get sub frame connectors welded in, they'll help you in the here and now.

I understand man, my little 030 over 5.0 isn't going to burn down the track. I'm going to do this just because it looks cool and for the future. I wouldn't mind having a 351 bored and stroked out to a 427 one day!
Both of our rides will at least look badass! Besides 350 hp on mine isn't crap, but it's not the monsters that other guys here have.
I have put in as much as I can think to be ready for that big bad motor someday. I just need a driver for right now.
One thing though, my motor has been torn completely down and built with nice new stuff everywhere, it's going to last a while.
Get sub frame connectors welded in, they'll help you in the here and now.

My car won't be considered a monster but maybe a mini monster hah. I've looked a lot at that same route but probably a procharged 408. Or maybe even a huge whippled 4v so idk. I'm considering all my options right now. I've even looked into ls :poo:

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I have no had time to post anything I've been working day in and day out on this but here is my finished mini tubbed fox body

e06003d7d5fa7f88360b42fc7984eadd.jpg

5be17ed3bdc2ab17d981206b6d1bd0f2.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry I have no had time to post anything I've been working day in and day out on this but here is my finished mini tubbed fox body

e06003d7d5fa7f88360b42fc7984eadd.jpg

5be17ed3bdc2ab17d981206b6d1bd0f2.jpg

Well hell! There you are!

Man, that looks so sweet.

I'm getting almost a duplicate of your set up for my car. I'm going to get my wheels powder coated to match my GT stripe is about the only difference.

Hot, hot, hot brother. Good job!