Mitsubishi 2006 Eclipse

herooftheday97

Mar 30, 2005
What does everyone think of this car? Anyone test drive one? I guess it would fall in between a Mustang v6 and a GT in terms of speed, but comfort, handling and performance is what I'm wondering about.

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed that it looks like ass, and I hate Mitsubishi with a passion. But it's probably pretty quick and the interior looks alright. Either way, Mitsu is doomed. Give it a year or two and they will be history and they can concentrate more on making TV's and construction equipment.

I despise the front of the car's look. Car and driver TV did a quick run over on it yesterday and mentioned they experienced 15mpg in their real world driving. Not very good in my opinion. They also mentioned the car has gotten quite impressively heavier in this last iteration (About 3500 lbs...).... No likey...

check out the july 05 issue of AUTOMOBILE. they compared the eclipse gt to the mini cooper s, acura rsx type-s, and the v6 mustang. they were looking for a comparison of cars around $25,000. the mustang v6 has the lowest base price (its under 20,000) and the eclipse base price is $25,000. why are they comparing the eclipse gt to a v6 mustang? should be comparing a regular eclipse to that or gt to mustang gt. check out that article for all the details...

bigcat said:
check out the july 05 issue of AUTOMOBILE. they compared the eclipse gt to the mini cooper s, acura rsx type-s, and the v6 mustang. they were looking for a comparison of cars around $25,000. the mustang v6 has the lowest base price (its under 20,000) and the eclipse base price is $25,000. why are they comparing the eclipse gt to a v6 mustang? should be comparing a regular eclipse to that or gt to mustang gt. check out that article for all the details...

Well, another article I read had the eclipse being compared to a few cars, including the Mustang GT. Overall however, it wasn't as fast as the mustang.

But comparing it to the Mustang v6 is logical since the Eclipse is also a v6.

sawman70 said:
That car keeps looking more and more phalic and fem with each design change. Any man that buys one of those must secretly wear woman's panties.

What happened to the aggressive Eagle Talon styling??? Not that I would buy one anyway.

LOL You remind me of a macho friend of mine, when I told him I was making my own Mocha drinks in the morning, jokingly asked if I was getting limp-wristed! :rlaugh: I guess around certain guys I need to tape more hair on my chest and talk in as deep a voice as possible!

Polyester suits scream cheap without making a sound. Sorry if I insulted you. The new eclipse looks like a turd. That is my opinion. I am sure Mitsu hopes I am the only one with that opinion, unfortunately for them, I am not.

There will be no straight man above 30 with a decent income who has any taste in cars buying one.

Again, this is my opinion, which is less useful than my 4$$hole.

...a snappy comeback sure to follow.

I'll add in why it would seem the Eclipse was put up against the V6 instead of the GT. Those are horrid performance numbers for a car with 263HP. The Mustang has 53 less HP and still pushes the same numbers in the 1/4 - or it's got to be close. Look at my ET with 204 BHP and the crap 60 foot - and I don't have ANY chassis stiffening at all. The V6 is more of a bang for the buck car in this new chassis than many realize.

I'm still not getting one - It gets harder and harder to hold out, but I've got the green light from the boss on a Cobra... :hail2:

sawman70 said:
Polyester suits scream cheap without making a sound. Sorry if I insulted you. The new eclipse looks like a turd. That is my opinion. I am sure Mitsu hopes I am the only one with that opinion, unfortunately for them, I am not.

There will be no straight man above 30 with a decent income who has any taste in cars buying one.

Again, this is my opinion, which is less useful than my 4$$hole.

...a snappy comeback sure to follow.
There's a new thread in here somewhere--what is a chick car and what is a real man's car? The line is getting blurry...how about a few female opinions