Modding Your '05 In California is AGAINST THE LAW! Anti-Masculinist Facists!

Im calling it :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

My buddie has a 90 or 91 5.0 and it was one of the loudest stangs I have ever heard. It was def too loud for sound laws and wouldnt pass smog (no cats). We live in San DIego the suposed epicenter I guess for cops comming down on people who mod and hmm guess what, a cop never told him anything beside how much they liked his cars sound. What i have learned about cops is that most are pretty cool as long as you arent being a dumb a$$ on the road. Drive normal and you will have no problems. Try to drive like you car is modded when it is unnecisary and they will be on you like white on rice with milk on a paper plate. So the lesson? have fun modding your car anyway you like but dont drive like an idiot after you do. If the mod you do is illeagal dont cry if you get caught and deal with it. I know several people with "illeagal mods" but never have any trouble cause cops have no reason to stop you if you dont drive like an idiot.

Besides you can say no to a vehichle search till they have a warrant. Cant you?

• Sponsors (?)

martimus said:
The law was written to deal with all the STREET RACING that goes on... to assume that it makes ANY and ALL MOD's illegal is premature to say the least.

Anyone who's lived in SoCal can speak to the extent that street racing has become a problem. I lived much of my early life in L.A. and can speak from experience that once night fell in the San Fernando valley you couldn't drive more than a couple of miles without someone challenging you to a race. When my younger bro owned his Roadrunner he'd be challenged right after pulling the car out of his garage.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20020922-9999_1m22sweep.html

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/07/03/special_reports/life_times/21_46_586_26_04.txt

http://sacramento.bizjournals.com/sacramento/stories/2005/08/01/daily24.html
It aint that way anymore. I live in the San Fernando Valley and there aren't even close to as many races as you've described. Back in the old days sure. Now, no way. Barely anyone races out here anymore, and if they're going to do it it's extremely late at night and the streets are near deserted. I live in the heart of the valley basically, and really the only people who do stupid **** are the ricers. They rarely are ever ballsy enough to race though.

YoungStanger said:
It aint that way anymore. I live in the San Fernando Valley and there aren't even close to as many races as you've described. Back in the old days sure. Now, no way. Barely anyone races out here anymore, and if they're going to do it it's extremely late at night and the streets are near deserted. I live in the heart of the valley basically, and really the only people who do stupid **** are the ricers. They rarely are ever ballsy enough to race though.

Dang... am I glad to hear that!!! :nice: It used to be chaos on the streets when the sun went down. Back when I lived in Canoga Park there were always short brained people racing along the streets.

hurdlinmasta said:
Its because of the movie , Fast and the Furious, thats when everyone wanted to be like them. But notice how the "monster" car was a Muscle car. Forgot what it was.

1969 Yenko Camaro and a 1970 Dodge Challenger :)

Pitty how the cobra and vette got wasted right off the bat but the evo and eclipse make it through. Damn imports

Here's the link from the SVT Performance forums where I first picked up on the law: California Cracks Down On Modified Cars

Read the thread. Many on that forum are worried about the law, and svtperformance has a helluva lot more knowledgable people than those on Stangnet.com. Not intended as a flame, it's just a simple truth.

I said it once, I'll say it again, the law CLEARLY states that your car CAN be impounded for illegal modifications. What happens is all up to the police officer's discretion. All you need is one cop in a bad mood, and poof! Goodbye car, courtesy of the State of CA.

Your uncle may not impound someone's car for modifying their motor, but the LEO down the road might. No officer should have the power to impound your car or detain you simply becuase he "suspects" your car has modifications. That's INSANE. Tinkering with performance cars is a nationalpasttime and they are just trying cash in on it. The CHP's coffers are empty and they are looking for a scapegoat to fleece that the general public will approve of.

Now, maybe some of you out there are okay with laying down and saying "well, if I act nice to the cop, I should be okay," but that completely avoids the fact that this is an unjust law that will fine and punish many CA car enthusiasts for modifying their car. Even you aren't fined, being pulled over every week or so for a "free" impromptu engine compartment inspection isn't my idea of a Sunday drive. That's harassment. But if you live in CA and feel the need rationalize things to yourself and feel that being a "good old boy" will protect you, be my guest.

The maturity level of some of the members of here is questionable. Name calling? I'm a POS and a nut for trying to make car enthusiasts aware of law that threatens their lifestyle? I guess you're right. How DARE I try to warn you guys.

You got one thing right - I do not live in CA, but even a non-resident can see this law gives the police WAY too power over your personal property. If you support this law, it's going to bite you in the ass one day. Whether it's being detained, a fine, or getting your car impounded will be up to the officer. I'm glad you feel you can trust your LEOs that much in CA. :rolleyes:

Like I said, they are looking for a scapegoat to fleece, and they found one.

I re-read the article that was taken from the Sacramento Bee and I found some issues that I overlooked. If I have a sticker on my car that advertises "SVT Racing" a cop in Sacramento can pull me over and hassle me to a point where I have to lift the hood and have them check my engine. According to the article, this practice started in San Diego and it's spreading to other California cities. I live in Sacramento and this SUCKS. Yeah so what if I my mods are LEGAL. The fact that a cop is going to pull me over for "probable cause" just because I have a sticker is insane. The member who posted this is NOT spreading propganda. It's a heads up! I know for fact that lawmakers and the law enforcement community in OTHER states are watching what happens in Sacramento with a keen eye.

Unfortunatley, Big Brother is infultrating hard and heavy in most areas of our lives since 9/11. Those who opt to deny the sociological impact may do so at their own risk. I for one am a little tired of taxation without representation and the government telling me what I can and cannot do under the pretense of it being for the "greater good of all". I call BS. :bs:

We have public schools putting kids on large amounts of amphetimines to curtail their activity levels under the pretense of ADD/ADHD.

We have a new federal law that allows Eminent Domain to be played like a Trump Token.

We have planes spraying pesticides for the prevention of an epidemic of West Nile Virus in California, without request or approval of the communities it is affecting. Didn't this type of plan backfire with the Fruit Fly 2 decades ago?

We have cars the read, monitor and log our every move and police that can pull anyone over for "probable cause" under the pretense of cracking down on racing. (With Federal Funds of Course!) Let's all hope no one has enjoyed a beer or two at dinner or while watching a sporting event :cheers: and gets pulled over because a jacked-up PO-PO with a bad attitude has his panties in a bunch because your bad azse Stang goes thundering past him and he has a Dihatsu Charade awaiting his travel home to his cheating, bitter wife and his out of control children. OH YEAH.... Life is getting great here in the good old USA, :flag: and while I am always welcome to move if I do not like it, I would rather stay and try to change what I do not like. That is my right, errrrrr, last time I looked. :rolleyes: Have they repealed any of my other Constitutional rights I don't recall? :shrug: Probably. Interesting to note, as Citizens it is our responsibility to know ALL changes in Local, State and Federal Laws. Ignorance of them is not an excuse for breaking them or absentation from following them. So, we all better get busy reading, because we all have a lot to learn. :fuss:

Good Luck :fuss:

Jennifer

You need to calm down. Go cruise in your mustang. Mmmmmm what I'd give to do that.

New Mexico is pretty laid back. Dont drive like a moron and you wont get pulled over. (Too bad EVERYONE here drives like a moron.)

duner said:
Damn Jenn. This seems to have worked you up a little. Maybe a little cruise through the twisties is in order :nice: :D

Hahahahahahaha :rlaugh: :rlaugh: ..... OKAY-OKAY you caught me in a rant. :( Hey! It can happen! LOL.... I just got back from a 250 mi road trip on Hwy 20/29 to Clear Lake and it was awesome. I just have a lot to do before work tomorrow. Like wash the Stang and ummmmmm, I think I am PMS-ing....Okay, off to wash the Stang. Sorry Fellas! :nice:

(Hey Duner... We need a PMS smiley on here! :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: )

Jenn

martimus said:
Anyone who's lived in SoCal can speak to the extent that street racing has become a problem. I lived much of my early life in L.A. and can speak from experience that once night fell in the San Fernando valley you couldn't drive more than a couple of miles without someone challenging you to a race.

I lived and worked in San Fernando valley for 7 years and I rarely got challenged to a race. There are a lot of respectable fast cars out there too. Used to be a big gathering at Cruisers but now it's at Flames on Corbing and Plummer.

But Oxnard and Ventura county is another story for some reason I get challenged a lot there. Seem to be a lot of ignorant Pep-boy low budget ricers out there. :notnice:

As far as this supposed new law? They would be way to ga-damn busy impounding cars...don't think that would happen. I get fix-it tickets only because either I drew attention by revving at the wrong place wrong time or the cop loves ricers. :D
Believe it or not, I got more thumbs ups and inquisitive questions on my setup by cops then pulled over for fix it tickets. :rlaugh:

Jenns05Stang said:
Unfortunatley, Big Brother is infultrating hard and heavy in most areas of our lives since 9/11. Those who opt to deny the sociological impact may do so at their own risk. I for one am a little tired of taxation without representation and the government telling me what I can and cannot do under the pretense of it being for the "greater good of all". I call BS. :bs:

We have public schools putting kids on large amounts of amphetimines to curtail their activity levels under the pretense of ADD/ADHD.

We have a new federal law that allows Eminent Domain to be played like a Trump Token.

We have planes spraying pesticides for the prevention of an epidemic of West Nile Virus in California, without request or approval of the communities it is affecting. Didn't this type of plan backfire with the Fruit Fly 2 decades ago?

We have cars the read, monitor and log our every move and police that can pull anyone over for "probable cause" under the pretense of cracking down on racing. (With Federal Funds of Course!) Let's all hope no one has enjoyed a beer or two at dinner or while watching a sporting event :cheers: and gets pulled over because a jacked-up PO-PO with a bad attitude has his panties in a bunch because your bad azse Stang goes thundering past him and he has a Dihatsu Charade awaiting his travel home to his cheating, bitter wife and his out of control children. OH YEAH.... Life is getting great here in the good old USA, :flag: and while I am always welcome to move if I do not like it, I would rather stay and try to change what I do not like. That is my right, errrrrr, last time I looked. :rolleyes: Have they repealed any of my other Constitutional rights I don't recall? :shrug: Probably. Interesting to note, as Citizens it is our responsibility to know ALL changes in Local, State and Federal Laws. Ignorance of them is not an excuse for breaking them or absentation from following them. So, we all better get busy reading, because we all have a lot to learn. :fuss:

Good Luck :fuss:

Jennifer

Don't know how you can complain...i'm willing to bet you have never travelled outside of the U.S....

:rolleyes:
Jenn...love your posts here and other places about your pony....but ...Michael Moore is your hero and you have allot of tie dye stuff huh....
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :nono:
Law Enforcement does not write laws...they enforce them....usually when the person draws attention to themselves as others here have stated.... :flag:

About the post on Northern Virginia, you are right, most of the time it is expensive cars that drive slow as Shi#. But I can tell you a fun story from last night, a 3000 GT (old one, probably early 90's) and a recent Civic SI with fart can.

Smoked both of them off the line, got up to 90 and let them catch up at the 4th light. Smoked them both a second time right after that. Though it is still lame here in Northern VA, racing is rare.

I just heard on the news today that starting in 2006 Los Angeles is planning on cracking down on vehicles that pollute. They are going to start putting the emission sensors on freeway on-ramps and if you are a gross polluter it will snap a pic of your license plate and they'll send you a ticket...
I remember them doing this 10 or 15 years ago. The sensors are temporary and moved to different on-ramps every couple of days. The cool thing is that they were trailers and it was pretty obvious what they were. Back then I had a 63 Nova with 3 carbs and very built... so when I would come up to one I would put it in neutral and shut off the engine and coast through.

I heard this on KTLA news this morning, so take it with a grain of salt...

SpecOp1 said:
:rolleyes:
Jenn...love your posts here and other places about your pony....but ...Michael Moore is your hero and you have allot of tie dye stuff huh....
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :nono:
Law Enforcement does not write laws...they enforce them....usually when the person draws attention to themselves as others here have stated.... :flag:

No..No... :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I strongly dislike Michael Moore's stances on things. Have never watched his stuff, because I disagree with most of what he says. I was having a mood swing fellas... PMSing.... I said I was sorry. Please disregard the rant. I should have just walked away from the computer. :rolleyes: :( .... Please do not deduce that I actually feel that way. I am more intellectually capable than ranting nonsense. I just had a ranting blurt session. Sort of like filling a rifle with scatter shot. It just scattered everywhere. Once I washed the Stang, I was all good! Hahahahahahaha :nonono:

Here - I will even give myself a: :stupid: :bs: for what I said.

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
No..No... :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I strongly dislike Michael Moore's stances on things. Have never watched his stuff, because I disagree with most of what he says. I was having a mood swing fellas... PMSing.... I said I was sorry. Please disregard the rant. I should have just walked away from the computer. :rolleyes: :( .... Please do not deduce that I actually feel that way. I am more intellectually capable than ranting nonsense. I just had a ranting blurt session. Sort of like filling a rifle with scatter shot. It just scattered everywhere. Once I washed the Stang, I was all good! Hahahahahahaha :nonono:

Here - I will even give myself a: :stupid: :bs: for what I said.

Jenn

Nope. A round of Superchargers for everyone on Stang.net then you're forgiven. :p