Modfest Prep Pics...BIG DUW!

94DreamGT

Founding Member
Jul 19, 2000
Indiana
Only a few more days now!!! This coming weekend, I am pulling my motor and totally changing the personality of my car.

Will be installing: FTI AFR 165's, FTI Cam, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, BBK Longtubes/H-Pipe, Romac Balancer, Timing Set, Pushrods, SPEC Stage 2 Clutch, UPR Quadrant & Firewall Adjuster, along with all the fun stuff that goes along with those items.

Have a few good buddies coming to my house and starting Friday evening. Plan is to have everything done by Sunday night. Will pull the motor from the car by Friday night and get it on the stand. All day Saturday will work on the shortblock getting everything straight (Degreeing, PV Clearance, etc...), Bolt up clutch & Exhaust, and then get it back in and fired up by Sunday.

Not trying to rush it at all, but there is definitely experience between the 4 of us that will be working on it and I think the 20+ hours we will have will be enough. Don't want it to go longer than the weekend, but if it has to spill out into another week, it won't be the end of the world...it's not by daily driver.

I've been following Mark's progess on his AFR/FTI build, hopefully mine will go smooth as well and I can get it running right.

Here are a few pics of the parts ready to go in...beware you dial up people!!!

Heads of course :)
Heads.sized.jpg

Cam
FTI_Cam3.sized.jpg

Ceramic Coated Longtubes (pics don't do them justice)
BBK_LT_s.sized.jpg

Matching Shorty H
Shorty_H_Pipe.sized.jpg

Custom Hardened Pushrods
Pushrod_Closeup.sized.jpg

Roller Rockers
Scorpion_RR_s.sized.jpg

Billet Timing Set
Timing_Set.sized.jpg

Shiny Romac!!!
Romac.sized.jpg

Necessary Tools
Degreeing_Stuff.sized.jpg

Clutch Stuff
Clutch_Stuff.sized.jpg

Fox VC's
Fox_VC_s.sized.jpg

Gaskets, Gaskets, Gaskets, Ahhhh!!!
Gaskets_etc.sized.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You should polish up thoes valve covers if you have time. Good luck on the install. Me and my dad did a head/cam install in about 16 hours so all 4 of you shouldnt have any trouble getting it all done by sunday.

good luck i'm starting on mine tomorrow after work... taking my time doing it myself... I should have it done by friday 3 hours a night.. no cam install though so makes it easier... only thing I got to wait on is pushrods... I got a length checker

:drool: Looks great!!! Take your time and you'll be fine. Make sure you FULLY understand how to degree the cam in. It took me 3 days, but I had no idea what I was doing and I kept having to call people and loo online to see how to do it. Remember that your cam does not have symetrical lobes (at least i doubt it) and therefore you can not use the .050 before and .050" after max lift to degree in the cam... I made this mistake.

94DreamGT said:
I've been following Mark's progess on his AFR/FTI build, hopefully mine will go smooth as well and I can get it running right.

Mine going smoothly, thats the best joke I've heard all day!! You should be fine, especially with 3 friends there to help. My first thought when I saw all those pics was, "Hmm, this looks oddly familiar." Good luck, and be sure to keep us updated, and don't get in a hurry!

Thanks Guys!

1105: The thought of polishing the VC's crossed my mind, but I really don't care that much about underhood looks. Plus that takes too long :) I did paint them and then hit them with a glossy clearcoat as you can kindof tell by the pic, so they look better than stock at least.

Killer: Yeah Paul...I've done so much research for this project I think I know the procedures in my head...but of course I know it'll be a different experience when I'm actually doing it. You've given me a lot of help and I appreciate it. My only goal with this car is to get the track results I"m looking for.