Mopar guys design 70' concept car?

1973mach1

May 19, 2003
PA
Almost looks like Ford went for a Mopar/1970 Shelby style on the concept car in 1970. 1970 Ford Challenger? Looks pretty cool to me though since im a Mustang and Challenger fan.

mustang_milano_concept.jpg

Jim

Attachments

• mustang_milano_concept.jpg
    mustang_milano_concept.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Sponsors (?)

That was actually a 1970 concept car called the Milano if memory serves, but it may have been something else. IMO I think it looks less like a Mopar and more like a streamlined fastback with '70 & '71 influence. I would have very much liked it if ford had followed thru on this car. I have more information if anyone is interested. I just have to go to work and rummage through my Ford literature.

hot rod magazine had an article about a pontiac concept a year or two ago. in it the owner was interviewed and explained that the cars are either destroyed or the designing engineer is allowed to purchase the car at a reasonable price. sometimes the car is given to the designer as a bonus or just because they don't want it to be destroyed.

Cool looking concept car.

To my eye it looks like a Pantera in the back and a Charger in the front. I can see why they didn't use it, because to me the front and back don't go together that well. The front is straight and square, while the rear is round and tapered.

It is neat though.