More advice wanted on coil-over conversion.

jerry beach

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
Ocala,FL
I am getting ready to order the MM front coil-overs with Tokico 5way adj. drag shocks. I will ask MM, but will there be any clearance issues with my front tires. I have 245/50/16's on ponies up there. I know I need some skinnies, but $980 for front suspension, is all I can afford right now.

I keep trying to buy a set of conventional drag springs and struts/shocks, but I cant bring myself to do it. The Coil-overs are too attractive. I have looked at other c/o kits that are $200 cheaper, but MM says they are not so good. Loose fitting threads are the prob. on the ride height adj. Does that make sense. I figure for a little more, just go with MM.

• Sponsors (?)

MM C/O's are definately the best option for C/O's. I went with Granatelli and am very satisfied. I replaced every aspect of my suspension all the way around the car. For what I do with it, it works just fine and handles like a dream.

I don't think you will have any clearance issues. I run 245X40X17's all the way around and don't have any issues with my C/O's, and I can go wider if I want.

The reason I opted for the cheaper route was because with me replacing all of the suspension, my bill was right at 3k, but I got all of that done at once. Like I said, my car will probably never see the track and I am very satisfied with the handling right now.

Tim