....more mustang rumors

FiaCobra

Jul 5, 2003
ok, stopped by my local dealer today and spoke with a sales rep about the new models and releases and this is what he said.

When i asked him about "specialty" models, he said an '06/07 Shelby will run around 90k to have Carrol's name scribed on the side of the car. He also mentioned a V-10 as a power plant. Now, thinking about this, i assume he may have mis-understood (or me for that matter) that we were talking about a "Mustang" and not a "Cobra". Well, regardless, anything over 50k is too much for me.

ok, 2nd car we spoke of was a Cobra Mustang. Probably somewhere in the 40k range for a supercharged 400hp+ motor. The car most likely will be a two-seater coupe as opposed to a roadster. Good news, i can afford the car!!

The "Boss" name was mentioned as yet another limited car. No other details were known.

This particular dealership is trying to become a "Roush" dealer with the owners approval. The sales guy is trying to get it to happen. He told me he has a feeling the lightning will be released before the Cobra Mustangs sometime in late '06.

......now mind you, this is all small talk that took less than 10 minutes of our time (I was in a rush). About the only thing i got out of the whole conversation is i'll be getting my supercharged Mustang Cobra sometime in late '06.

• Sponsors (?)