Motive gears just as good as FRPP?

Dealership installations...

Talk to the service manager. Ask him/her if any of the techs do work on the side. I'm sure they'll hook you up. These guys look out for each other and techs working on the side is a very common thing. Most Ford techs I know are paid by Ford by the job. They don't get paid sitting at work when the bays are empty. They take on their own jobs all the time. Don't be afraid to ask. They won't throw you out of the dealership for that.

• Sponsors (?)

propellerhead said:
Dealership installations...

Talk to the service manager. Ask him/her if any of the techs do work on the side. I'm sure they'll hook you up. These guys look out for each other and techs working on the side is a very common thing. Most Ford techs I know are paid by Ford by the job. They don't get paid sitting at work when the bays are empty. They take on their own jobs all the time. Don't be afraid to ask. They won't throw you out of the dealership for that.

somewhat true.. but 99 percent of shops do not alow sliders ( side work) yes we do get paid by ford ( well the dealer does then they pay us) for warrenty work.. but the dealer also does cash work and we get paid the same flat rate way for that.. most dealers dont want there techs stealing the much more profitable cash work from them..

BUT most ford dealers do not want too get involved with performance work and if that shop has a guy who likes that kind of work. the service manager then may point you too that guy for a side job..

and another thing too point out about dealer installs.

not all dealer tech or (private shop techs) are equall.. and you dont want some hack that dont care too do it right installing your gears.. i would do a lot of askign around before you get your install done

svttech76 said:
somewhat true.. but 99 percent of shops do not alow sliders ( side work) yes we do get paid by ford ( well the dealer does then they pay us) for warrenty work.. but the dealer also does cash work and we get paid the same flat rate way for that.. most dealers dont want there techs stealing the much more profitable cash work from them..

BUT most ford dealers do not want too get involved with performance work and if that shop has a guy who likes that kind of work. the service manager then may point you too that guy for a side job..

and another thing too point out about dealer installs.

not all dealer tech or (private shop techs) are equall.. and you dont want some hack that dont care too do it right installing your gears.. i would do a lot of askign around before you get your install done
Good to hear input from an actual Ford Tech. Things may be different in each state or city or dealership. I think the key point here is to ask the Service Writer. That part is still free. If they do hook you up with a tech, the tech will be able to tell you what else you need besides $$$.

FORD DEALERSHIP INSTALL
for the gears, bearings, shims (install/rebuild kit), labor, oil everything needed to pretty much have a rebuild rear-end i paid $700CDN, this may seem a little high but the gears in my car were not set up properly from the factory! so some of the bearings and such had alot of excess wear. all in all the install was great, they cleaned my car inside and out and NO WHINE,

all of this work was done at Freedom ford in edmonton. they are a very performance oriented dealership, they do s/c installs, nitrous, anything you can think of, they even invited me to go out to the track with them after to test out my car. they are very good to work with and stand behind their work.

propellerhead said:
Good to hear input from an actual Ford Tech. Things may be different in each state or city or dealership. I think the key point here is to ask the Service Writer. That part is still free. If they do hook you up with a tech, the tech will be able to tell you what else you need besides $$$.

yep that works.. and if you find the right guy who works for a good price and does good work then that can help you out a lot as far as peice of mind when it comes too modding and repairing your car...

this is what i suggest all stang owners that cant work on their own car too do..

shotime said:
So is the install/bearing kit recommended no matter how mnay miles you have on the car?

no, my car had 30,000KM on it when i had my 4.10s installed, bearings were worn already but every car is different, as long as the rear is opened up and apart why not throw new parts in. I hate cheaping out personally, i am really kickin myself for not getting 31 spline axles and diff put in at the same time!