Motor is complete

ac1122

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2002
NEW YORK
Motor is complete...Billitt Oil Pump Gears, Canton Road Race Pan, Mac Longtubes Jets Hot 2000 Coated, and of course Sean Hyland Stage 1 Cams...Cant forget the Dupicolor Red (I know it looks orange in pics)

Its 11's NA or Boost!

alexs_motor_038.jpg

alexs_motor_034.jpg

alexs_motor_034.jpg

alexs_motor_033.jpg

alexs_motor_031.jpg

alexs_motor_037.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

ac1122 said:
Motor is complete...Billitt Oil Pump Gears, Canton Road Race Pan, Mac Longtubes Jets Hot 2000 Coated, and of course Sean Hyland Stage 1 Cams...Cant forget the Dupicolor Red (I know it looks orange in pics)

Its 11's NA or Boost!

alexs_motor_038.jpg

...snip...

:nice: :nice: :hail2: :hail2: :worship: :worship:

Awesome man! Your replacing your GT motor huh? Did you have to change the computer or any other wiring?

Where didya get the motor from? If you don't mind would you be willing to share with us how much stuff cost. Such as longblock price, different labor charges for work.

Nice choice!!

djtech said:
:nice: :nice: :hail2: :hail2: :worship: :worship:

Awesome man! Your replacing your GT motor huh? Did you have to change the computer or any other wiring?

Where didya get the motor from? If you don't mind would you be willing to share with us how much stuff cost. Such as longblock price, different labor charges for work.

Nice choice!!

I did the swap back in 2002...we had to modify the GT harness to work with the cobra motor. I paid 3200 shipped back then for a brand new motor.
All info can be found @ www.cobrapoweredgt.com

Ran the car with 4.30's fulls exhaust and drag radials to a 12.49@111

First pass on slicks it blew the oil pump gears...Would have run a 12.10 or better

10 Months later getting everything back together Billitt oil pump gears arp main studs, canton oil pan etc etc

Labor well Im partially sponsered by my shop so I get a bit of a break...As far as how much Ive spent...I try not to think about it...Im still not even close to being done...

I still have to put in the Novi 2000 :banana: :banana:

Hey thanks for the info. Great webpage!

$3200 isn't bad, was the motor a Ford crate longblock or was this price for one modified?

Wow your oil pump gears went too? I wonder what is causing all these failures. It really makes me worry about that happening to me. Are you saying you had a pretty new motor when the gears went? Damn billet ones are almost $300!!

That Novi will be a blast :)

ac1122 said:
I did the swap back in 2002...we had to modify the GT harness to work with the cobra motor. I paid 3200 shipped back then for a brand new motor.
All info can be found @ www.cobrapoweredgt.com

Ran the car with 4.30's fulls exhaust and drag radials to a 12.49@111

First pass on slicks it blew the oil pump gears...Would have run a 12.10 or better

10 Months later getting everything back together Billitt oil pump gears arp main studs, canton oil pan etc etc

Labor well Im partially sponsered by my shop so I get a bit of a break...As far as how much Ive spent...I try not to think about it...Im still not even close to being done...

I still have to put in the Novi 2000 :banana: :banana:

That's what I used on my calipers when they were off the car.
Did you sand them down at all or just go right over it...I'm assuming right over it. I may do mine blue, like the color of the snake.....I'll have to think about it.

What do others think?
Do you like the sparkplug covers painted or matching the valve covers?
(not trying to steal your thread)

MAC headers....ugh...Please do yourself favor and start the engine and let it run for a while with the EGR disconnected...Or you'll be doing another rebuild I'm afraid...After spending all that money on a new engine I would have thought you would have spent the extra money and gone with some Hookers...I'm sorry I feel that way, but I've seen too many Spy Hunter Cobra's on here and the Corral with MAC headers...

there was no slag in the headers....when they were sent out to jet hot they were cleaned before i sent em.......plus i port matched them to the heads.......then jethot went thru them........totally metal free......and they make top power amongst the long tube choices for the modulars.......kevin @ wicked