motor paint

hsean

10 Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
dearborn,michigan
a friend of mine and i pulled the rebuilt motor out of my car 3 months ago .my question is i plan on changing the valve covers to black ford racing ones and would like to paint the block black using the engine high heat black paint.is this a good paint to use and if not what is a good paint to go with?also wondering if there will be any issues with with painting the engine black from the faded blue that it is right now with concerns with heat being that black attracts heat.

• Sponsors (?)

Just in case you can get that stuff another option is going to lowes or home depot and getting high heat rustoleum. Thats has worked as well.

I am also an advocate of anything that POR-15 puts out.. half of my car is painted in it.

a friend of mine told me it acts as a rust inhibiter i had planned on using it on my floorpans and bottom of my car once i got them welded in.i know it dries really solid and was told to make sure not to get it on my skin because it would take weeks to come off. i have a paint supply store nearby and i am going to go with that just didn't know they had a kit for the engine.