Motor Slightly Over heating

StangGT96

Jul 1, 2004
El Paso, TX
Well I noticed that my car has been slightly over heating. It used to be steady at the "R" in the NORMAL and now it usually goes to the M. This happens either in traffic or in the highway. I have changed the thermostat and did a radiator flush (used distalled water and consentrated antifreeze). The fan does turn on but I think it turns on too late. I have changed the fan switch and still the same thing. Could the relay be going out? I have checked some ground wires but not all of them. Any other ideas? This happened over night which is the odd thing:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

is your engine throwing codes..??? they may not show up on the dash. Do you have a tuner to check, if not go to Kragen, AutoZone, or Napa they will be nice and check your codes for you...just be patient with them if they have customers.

The stock water temp gauge is a huge POS. Put an Autometer in there and report back. It shouldn't run hotter than 210 degrees.

Maybe some air got into the system. Try burping it. Put the engine on an incline, open up the resevior cap, and rev the engine a little. You might see some air bubbles float out.