Motorcraft PCV valve?

• Sponsors (?)

Stick whatever in there. Theres no need to worry about boost pressurizing the crankcase.

on that note... could that be why i have oil leaking. The pcv valve is in the tube that is connected to the underside of the upper intake, correct? What exactly does it do? mine actually keeps blowing off (the tube with what i beleive is the pcv valve seperates from the lower tube.) I've been meaning to get a hose clamp on there to secure it. Should I replace it as well?

-Ryan

If the top is blowing off the valve then it's working but the pressure build up pops it off. Clamp that sob!

Under vacuum it draws the crankcase vapors out into your intake. The gasses burn off in the cumbustion chamber. When you boost the tops side forces the valve to close. Cranckcase pressure than has to be relieved thru the breather on the back of the valve cover. If the PCV valve leaks boost will get intot he crankcase and force your seals and gaskets out and leak oil everywhere.

89' RICE COOKER said:
Does it really matter what brand of pcv valve you put in a n/a? i Know the turbo motors like the motorcraft as far as tune-up goes. If so, where can i find one? i've been to AZ and Baxter's so far. :flag:
You can ask O'Reilly's to order it for you. They're like 5x the cost of the no name brand, but the no name brand is like a dollar, so if you really want it, go ahead and spring for it.

89' RICE COOKER said:
ok thanks. another Q. What is the thing towards the bottom of the motor that has the hose that goes up to the pcv valve.and how does it seal in the motor? i just pounded it in with a block of wood. good or bad idea?
The oil seperator is supposed to keep misting oil from reaching the pcv. :(
I beieve it's a slip fit anyway so bang it in some more! :flag: