Mounting Nitto 555R

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Mounting Nitto 555R Tires

So i went to my old shop that i used to work at to mount my new 275/40/17 Nitto 555R tires on my 17x10.5" wide cobra wheels. I already have these tires on those wheels, but they are bald so i bought new ones.

Well.... after an hour of stuggling and sweating, i can not get the new tires on the wheels. I mean they are ON...but i can't get them to seat when i blast the air into them to seat the beads. Those damn wheels are sooooo wide. I really regret not getting bigger tires now :nonono:

I guess i'll try tomorrow at work (BMW). I guess they must use an air blaster machine to blast these tires on in one shot, cause you sure as hall can't do it with a standard snap-on tire installer/remover machine. :(

• Sponsors (?)

275s on 10.5 inch rims! Lots of people run 275 Nittos on stock 8" rims!! 10.5s are for 315s.

Keep the 275s and use them up front when your current ones are shot. Get some decent sized rears.

hotmustang331 said:
Dont put them on.

A. It will probably be dangerous
B. You will look like a chicano lowrider wannabe
C. You wont hook up, like you would with 315s

Go buy some 315s and sell the 275s.
i agree with all 3 of these statements...ill also add that theres absolutely NO rim protection with those 275 on 10.5 wheels, AND they look terrible....you can fit 315's with no modifications...

well i didn't even bother trying to put those tires on again. Traded them back to discounttire.com for some 315/35/17s. Only reason why i bought the 275s in the 1st place is cause im broke and they were the tires that were on the wheels in the 1st place.

Doesn't matter anymore. New tires will be here friday :)

And i changed my username to my more commonly used name. Also, more stangnet related (than UDTBadkarma)