MPG - Personal "test" results

tjm73

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2000
Rush, NY
This past Saturday I took my '90 GT convertible about 110 miles one way to Syracuse NY to go to the Syracuse Street Rod Nationals. Before I left I decicded I'd fill it up to the top and check my mileage since I'd be on the Thruway (NY's State Super-Highway) for most if not all of the tank of fuel.

Well I drove out and back and drove around home Sunday before needing to refuel. I filled up and crunched the numbers and was pleased with the result. 22.06 miles per gallon. That's on roughly 2/3 highway & 1/3 country roads.

IMO, not bad for 3.73's and a B303 cam. Oh and I had to drive with the windows down since my a/c wasn't blowing cold, or even close to cool.

• Sponsors (?)

mackey said:
My personal is 12.9mpg. That is stepping on it every once and a while. I know I am running rich and could use a tune though.
Wow, that's pretty poor. . .

I've gotten as high as 24mpg (driving lightly) and last time I filled (yesterday) I got 22mpg.

But then again Steve, you car is more fun than mine. :D

well my 85 gets 21 using the throttle as an on/off switch all day long cruising at 80-85 on way home from work.
my 91 gets 22 under same conditions.
both have 3.73's.

I use to get 18 or more on the car, then i put in a bigger fuel pump then it went down to 15. oh well its not a daily driver.

i barely count on more than 12mpg but its a fun car and my gears and second fuel pump don't help either

at the track we filled the car about 7 gallons.. with premium stuck some booster in it and its about 100 octane and i been racing it.. and i still have a good bit left over.. youd think 5k rpms would take a tole when havin 24# er's but nope.. thats two times over basically non stop racing.. i went 10-15 passes each time :shrug: car isnt on the street so i have no idea what actual mpg it could get