MPH Customer Service?

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
Members on this board make it seem as though Modular Powerhouse has good communication and customer service, yet every email I have sent, whether it be technical questions about their product or being unable to order something from them because of a website issue, goes unanswered. I thought surely they are busy, so an email would be less intrusive than a phone call and they could respond when it was convenient for them.

I'm at a fork in the road and I don't know which way to go. I have questions about Kenne Bell's 2.1L that Kenne Bell has not yet answered for me and I've heard MPH does good installs on the KB's so maybe MPH can help...? I need to know what cam's I need and whether or not I can get to the horsepower level I want with the combo I have in mind using Kenne Bell's 2.1L or if MPH has a set-up that will do what I want. I can't give anyone my money until I know what I need to buy. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the input

They have forums? Wow, I'll have to check that out for sure. I wish more companies had forums...that's unusual but would be pretty helpful. I didn't want to bother them, but I guess I'll go ahead and call if thats the best way to get ahold of a live person.

Thanks for the input guys.

MPH Forum

I've registered and have started searching through the posts for research. I would have never even known they had their own forum. I'll spend some time searching and then I'll give Rhonda a call. :nice:

Well you are writing emails to MPH because KB won't answer you? MPH does install KB's but they have a crap load of emails/calls to answer so maybe yours wasn't returned because you were asking about a product they install instead of actually asking about getting work done there.

Well you are writing emails to MPH because KB won't answer you? MPH does install KB's but they have a crap load of emails/calls to answer so maybe yours wasn't returned because you were asking about a product they install instead of actually asking about getting work done there.

Oh, I already know that KB isn't johnny-on-the-spot with email, but that issue isn't a problem with MPH. I wanted to ask MPH the questions that KB isn't answering so I needed to find out how to get their attention since I hadn't had good luck with emailing them in the past. A couple of times I wanted to place orders for products they sell, but their website wouldn't let me... I wound up buying somewhere else. The other times I emailed them was about cam questions since I know that they do custom grinds... but I didn't ever hear back. I expected that they would be very busy, which is why I thought an email would be less bothersome and more considerate of their time. Had I known about the forum I'm sure they would have taken care of any issues I had, but I just didn't know. The forums over there are actually great so far!

:cheers:

MPH is now open Monday through Saturday. As everyone already said, they are very busy and don't have time to answer random questions from people posted all over their forums. The forums are mostly for customers to share information among themselves. If you want to inquire about a purchase, post in the "Help Me Rhonda" forum. That's the only place you can be sure someone from MPH will see it.

Questions regarding KB products should be directed to KB unless you plan to purchase from MPH and take your car to MPH for the install and tune. MPH cannot sell you a KB unless they install it.

They also do not give out their cam information. They will sell you a great set of cams if you order them, but they do not give out their specs.

...unless you plan to purchase from MPH and take your car to MPH for the install and tune. MPH cannot sell you a KB unless they install it.

They also do not give out their cam information. They will sell you a great set of cams if you order them, but they do not give out their specs.

Aaah, good to know that about the KB. Thanks! The other questions that I had for them was about helping me select a good cam... I had read that they don't give out their cam specs, which I can respect, but I thought if I told them some specifics about my setup and my goals that they would be able to offer me something either aftermarket or custom. I like to research before I go asking a bunch of random questions, but a person can only search so much before they have to start asking questions.

I suppose I'll find out the answer to LaserRed01GT's question if I decide to get custom cams from MPH...

Well, so far I have had a good experience dealing with MPH. I ordered an Xcal2 and Rhonda called me today to set everything up. There was no sticker on my passenger door to get the computer code so I had to take apart a few things. They walked me right threw everything. She said Tim should set the tune done tomorrow and I should have the Xcal2 by Wednesday. They are very helpful people over at MPH. So far I recommend them 100%:nice: