muffler suggestion

MagnaflowGT

Oct 3, 2004
ok, well I want a decent sounding exhaust for my 4. Its not turbo but I do have a racer walsh hydro-cam in it (I think its just another roller type of roller cam) and I got long tubes installed as well.

I went out today and I was looking at these mufflers:
Magnaflow
Dynomax super turbo ss
Bassani
Flowmaster american thunder
spintech
Dynomax glasspack

I was interested to know what would sound good on a 4. I want it to sound like an american 4 and not a *** car, or a weed eater. all suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Dynomax Super Turbo (header, aftermarket cat, etc.) and it definitely doesn't sound like an import. You can tell it's a 4, but it's not reminiscent of a weed eater or anything. I really only got it because it was the cheapest (~$45), though a few people on here did recommend them. I would see if you can find clips of similar setups with different mufflers. Though that probably won't be so easy. I have a clip of mine, but have nowhere to upload it.

Flowmasters, Dual Chamber 40's, thats whats in mine and I love them. At idle people get it confused with a v8 witch is good and bad. Those mufflers will make your ears hurt from about 4000rpms on down from decel.

I changed the link, hopefully it works now, you just have to click "I agree" at the bottom of the page it takes you to.

As for uploading, how long ago did you do it? I guess that the guy that runs the site has to post the clips up himself or something, it takes a little while for them to be put up. I know that when I first uploaded my Mustang clip, that site was in its "infancy" so to speak and it took the guy 3-4 months just to put my clip up. The one of my thunderbird wasn't as bad, took a few weeks I think.

Ok, well Ive decided to go with the dynomax superturbo SS. I have it turned down so I dunno. It was very quiet until I i guess to say broke it in. Its still quiet, but you can really hear it between 1500-2500, 4200-5300 rpm. I dont have any clips yet because I havent had time to make any, but it sounds very similar to this: http://images.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/G35_launch.mp3, but with a lower tone. not the revving really, but when it takes off. So im thinkin about just getting a magnaflow. but I still like the way it sounds

I'll try and make some clips tonight